Connect with us

News

Chris Jericho Says He’s Done With NJPW

Published

on

Chris Jericho Kenny Omega NJPW

Fans were extremely excited to see Chris Jericho make the move over to New Japan Pro Wrestling for an outstanding match against Kenny Omega. However it appears it may be over, if what Y2J just said on twitter is correct then the only time we’ll be able to see him lock up with other NJPW talent is if it’s actually on a ship, specifically his Rock n Wrestling Rager At Sea.

Although shortly after his outstanding contest against Kenny Omega at Wrestle Kingdom 12 he jumped Tetsuya Naito at New Year’s Dash, Jericho has been somewhat silent about NJPW except to announce the huge stars who are appearing on his cruise. Also knowing Jericho, he could be playing all of us.

My Thoughts:

It feels like Jericho had the match with Omega to help his cruise. His match with Omega not only made him a bigger star to the NJPW fan, it also helped his relationship with the Bullet Club. This allowed him to broker the deal where he would put over Omega (who will in turn put over Cody) and they would appear on his cruise. Absolutely brilliant business decision by the king of business decisions. Also I’m not surprised to hear this, based on shake ups that could be happening in WWE their is a chance Jericho could be in a major spot by the fall. If Lesnar leaves, Jericho could come in and have a fantastic feud with someone like Reigns or Rollins for the Universal Title. 

What are your thoughts? Do you wish Jericho would stick around NJPW longer? Are you excited about a potential return to WWE? Let us know below or on Twitter.

Please continue to follow us and share our articles. Checkout the podcasts and more. You can see all the latest content @theCHAIRSHOTcom. Follow @Awesomephinatic for news updates and fantastic opinion. Remember when it comes to rumors…. Always Use Your Head!


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Advertisement
Comments

News

WWE News: NXT Live Event Results From Largo, Florida (6/23/18)

Published

on

The Superstars of WWE NXT continued touring around the state of Florida this weekend, following Friday night’s action in Venice (check out results here). Last night, the stars of WWE’s third brand rolled into Largo, Florida as fans in attendance got the chance to see EC3, Nikki Cross, War Raiders and even a surprise appearance by 205 Live Superstar Tony Nese. Heavy Machinery’s Otis Dozovic was also in action, however as we previously noted, Tucker Knight was not as he had just welcomed his first child on Friday. Below are the results:

  • ‘The Premier Athlete’ Tony Nese defeated ‘The Finest’ Kona Reeves
  • Babatunde defeated Fabian Aichner
  • Aliyah defeated Xia Li
  • Adrian Jaoude w/Taynara Conti defeated Jeet Rama
  • War Raiders defeated Dan Matha & Marcel Barthel
  • Danny Burch defeated Dijak
  • NXT Women’s Title #1 Contender’s Triple Threat: Nikki Cross defeated Rhea Ripley & Dakota Kai
  • EC3 & Otis Dozovic defeated The Forgotten Songs (Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake) w/Chad Lail

Results c/o WrestlingInc

 

Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Always #UseYourHead


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Continue Reading

News

WWE News: NXT Superstar Set For Surgery After Nasty Injury At TakeOver

Published

on

Following last Saturday’s excellent showing by the Superstar of NXT at NXT TakeOver: Chicago II at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois, many fans came away from the weekend believing that once again, NXT had stolen the headlines. One of the better matches on the card (which they all were pretty great) was the opener for the NXT Tag Team Championships as The Undisputed Era’s Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong defended against Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan. While Strong and O’Reilly were able to escape with their titles, it now looks like one of their opponents did not come out of the event unscathed.

PWInsider is reporting that Oney Lorcan was injured, suffering a broken orbital bone during the match that will require surgery to repair. Lorcan tweeted out the following photo of the injury today:

At this time, it’s not known when exactly he was injured during the contest, however he did finish the match. It’s also uncertain how long Lorcan will be out of action for, however after some research we were able to find that most surgeries for such an injury could be put off for up to two weeks in order for the swelling to go down. Additionally, it could take 1-2 months for the healing process to be completed.

 

Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Always #UseYourHead


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Continue Reading

News

WWE Rumors: The Undertaker Possibly Working SummerSlam

Published

on

After leaving his trademark hat and coat in the ring following his loss to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 33 last year, many fans thought that was the end of The Undertaker’s in-ring WWE career. Of course as we saw at WrestleMania 34 back in April, that is not the case as ‘The Deadman’ accepted John Cena’s challenge and disposed of ‘The Leader of the Cenation’ in relatively quick fashion.

‘The Demon of Death Valley’ would return to the ring again less than a month later, defeated Rusev in a Casket Match at the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia on April 27th, marking the first time Taker worked multiple matches in the same year since 2015. It’s also been noted that ‘The Phenom’ will be back in the squared circle at Madison Square Garden (read about that here), his first match there in eight years, at the RAW Live Event on July 7th. He will also be working the big stadium show in Australia set for October (check that out here). According to a new report, we could also be seeing Undertaker in the ring yet again this Summer.

According to the WrestleVotes Twitter account, who has been a source of some solid info over the past year or so, the multi-time WWE Champion may have a match at SummerSlam on August 19th:

EA’s Take: I’m all for Undertaker continuing to wrestle as long as he’s in good health. His character is such that he doesn’t really need to do a whole lot, just him being there brings interest (or even the prospect of him being there as we saw at WrestleMania 34). WrestleVotes has had some good info in the past, however I can’t say for sure that this is true because nobody knows who’s behind the account. I also don’t really understand what Taker working in October would have to do with his status for SummerSlam. Seems pretty legit to me though, even if SummerSlam doesn’t necessarily “need” Undertaker on the card to sell tickets. The event sells itself.

 

Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Always #UseYourHead


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Continue Reading

Connect on Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending Today