After it was announced this morning by SmackDown Live Commissioner Shane McMahon that WWE Champion AJ Styles would again defend his title against Shinsuke Nakamura at Money In The Bank, many fans were left wondering why no stipulation was added to the match. Their last meeting at Backlash of course ended after both guys connected on a low blow at the same time, getting them both unable to answer a 10 count despite the match being No Disqualification. This is also after their match at Greatest Royal Rumble ended on by disqualification.
WWE has now announced that Styles will go one-on-one with Shinsuke tomorrow night on SmackDown Live, the winner of the match getting to choose the stipulation for MITB on June 17th:
Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
WWE News: Preview Tonight’s Edition Of SmackDown Live (12/18/18)
A look at what’s going down tonight on SmackDown Live!
Now that WWE RAW is finished up taping until next Friday (see Mitchell’s Live RAW Report here, catch spoilers for next week’s show here) when they hold their New Year’s Eve tapings, tonight’s SmackDown Live at the Save Mart Center in Fresno will be similar to last night with the live broadcast followed by a taping for next week’s episode of the blue brand.
For the live broadcast though, we already know to expect fallout from Sunday’s TLC pay-per-view. Catch all the action live on the USA Network at 8PM EST and as always, you can follow along right here with Mitchell’s SmackDown Live Report. You can also join the conversation with various members of The Chairshot on Twitter:
- What’s next for Asuka after capturing the SmackDown Women’s Title?
- Will Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair respond to Ronda Rousey’s interference at TLC?
- The ‘New’ Daniel Bryan’s crusade continues
- After successfully defending their titles at TLC, someone else must now step up to The Bar
The Tide is turning 🌀🤡 pic.twitter.com/HQJ3ZHOnQT
— ASUKA / 明日華 (@WWEAsuka) December 17, 2018
Resilience and heart and passion got me up this morning, bandaged me, got me through a work out. But it was straight simple vengeance that made me promise to chase them all down. I agreed. It will be done. pic.twitter.com/qoFOONmUue
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) December 17, 2018
— Cesaro (@WWECesaro) December 17, 2018
*SPOILERS* WWE RAW TV Taping Results For Next Week’s Christmas Eve Episode
Spoiler results for next week’s episode of WWE RAW!
Immediately after tonight’s episode of Monday Night RAW went off the air (see what happened with Mitchell’s Live Report), fans at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento also got next week’s episode, as WWE will be taping its Christmas Eve episode of RAW and Christmas Day edition of SmackDown Live this week.
Already announced at the end of tonight’s episode on the USA Network for next week were a number of matches. We saw Natalya win a Gauntlet Match to earn a shot against Ronda Rousey for the RAW Women’s Championship, Bobby Lashley vs. Elias in a Miracle On 34th Street Fight and Seth Rollins will go one-on-one with Baron Corbin. Plus, three Superstars that have issues will try to settle them in a Triple Threat as Finn Balor battles Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre.
Here are the results for next week’s RAW:
- We open with Elias in the ring singing a Christmas song about Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush which leads to them coming out
- Miracle On 34th Street Fight: Elias defeated Bobby Lashley in a match that involved a fire extinguisher, a smashed violin and Lashley getting slammed on Legos
- RAW Tag Titles: Bobby Roode & Chad Gable retained over The Revival in what was called “fast and furious” and “an NXT style match”
- Drew McIntyre makes his way to the ring for our next match, but gets interviewed first and vows to win the Royal Rumble then go to WrestleMania
- Triple Threat: Finn Balor defeated Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre after pinning Ziggler with a Coup De Grace. After the match McIntyre comes in and attacks Dolph, turns his back on him and then pays for it with a Zig Zag
- Bayley, Ember Moon & Sasha Banks defeated Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke & Mickie James after Bayley & Sasha both pinned Mickie. After the match The Riott Squad lays out Bayley, Sasha & Ember
- Paul Heyman heads to the ring and discusses Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman at Royal Rumble, leading to Strowman interrupting
- RAW Women’s Title: Ronda Rousey retained over Natalya
- Jinder Mahal vs. Heath Slater ends in a No Contest when Santa Claus shows up at ringside, then is revealed to be Rhyno who hits Jinder with a Gore
- Seth Rollins defeated Baron Corbin with the Stomp
Results c/o @IWillScoop