Connect with us

News

WWE News: Highlights From Today’s NXT TakeOver Conference Call

Published

on

With NXT TakeOver: Chicago II on the horizon this Saturday at the Allstate Arena, WWE’s Triple H took part in a media conference call for the event that has just wrapped up. There were many topics discussed from TakeOver, to questions about specific Superstars, the Performance Center and more. Below are the highlights from the call:

  • Triple H starts by talking about NXT’s trip overseas, explains they’re back in the US for TakeOver and then heading back to England for the United Kingdom Championship Tournament.
  • Next set of NXT tapings at Full Sail will be June 21st.
  • There are no plans right now to expand the Performance Center, but he’s open to it.
  • He’s ready for Lars Sullivan to “knock it out of the park” at TakeOver.
  • Global localization is something that will continue and he would like to see something similar to the territory days down the road as technology gets better.
  • There was no “space” for Danny Burch previously, but Triple H kept watch of him which led to his return to NXT under contract.
  • When it comes to social media, people will make mistakes, but that’s part of what is taught at the Performance Center.
  • Triple H says that Ricochet tweaked his shoulder in Paris, but is not injured and was held off of last night’s show in Belgium as a precaution.
  • As for why the UK Championship Tournament won’t be airing live, HHH said that he was approached by Royal Albert Hall to bring NXT there and those were the only dates he could get, so he jumped on the chance and just “worked out better” for it to be taped.
  • He wants to work again with Paul Ellering provided the situation makes sense and Ellering is available.
  • The plan for the UK Division has taken longer, but has mostly stayed the same with some tweaks.
  • When asked if NXT could come to cable, HHH replied, “It depends on what comes up”.
  • Triple H said he likes to give fans something special as we’ve seen with The Revival and Tyler Breeze making surprise appearances at NXT events and would love to do more of that.

EA’s Take: I’d say this is a pretty standard conference call, we really didn’t learn a whole lot that we weren’t previously aware of. We reported earlier on the possible injury to Ricochet (which you can check out here), but I never felt that he was in jeopardy of missing TakeOver based off the information. Turns out, spot on. We also got to find out why the UK Tournament is happening on such an odd schedule, but it’s not anything that I’d deem “breaking news”. More of a pretty logical explanation. Lastly, he puts to bed the rumors of a bigger Performance Center in the works, which I also never bought. Roode was quoted as saying he had heard that, yet everyone who reported it also posted the interview in question and Roode said no such thing. So I never really knew where that came from to begin with.

 

Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Always #UseYourHead


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Advertisement
Comments

News

All In News: Competitor Announced For Over The Budget Battle Royal

Published

on

Recently Cody and The Young Bucks announced that the first hour of ALL IN an event that they are producing on their own dime will be broadcast on WGN America. On that hour long broadcast will be an over the top rope battle royal that they are calling “Over Budget”.

Numerous of competitors have already been announced for the battle royal. The current ROH World Champion Jay Lethal even took to Twitter to announce that he would defend his championship against the winner of the battle royal.

Today a new competitor was announced for the 15 man battle royal. “The Machine” Brain Cage was announced as the latest competitor. You can check out the announcement below.

Fans know Brian Cage as he is a member of both the Lucha Underground and IMPACT rosters. Cage is even the current IMPACT X-Division Champion after winning the title from Matt Sydal at last month’s Slammiversary PPV. Brian Cage has been undefeated since coming to IMPACT. He hasn’t been pinned or submitted, his only loss comes via count-out to Matt Sydal in an X-Division Championship match due to Jimmy Jacobs and Kongo Kong.

Here are the names of the participants of the Over the Budget Battle Royal:

  • Jordynne Grace
  • Moose
  • Rocky Romero
  • Ethan Page
  • Colt Cabana
  • Brian Cage

Please continue to follow us and share our articles. Checkout the podcasts and more. You can see all the latest content @theCHAIRSHOTcom. Follow @yorkjavon for Impact Wrestling news updates and opinions with an Impact. Remember when it comes to rumors…. Always Use Your Head!


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Continue Reading

News

WWE Rumors: Has Rey Mysterio Finally Agreed To A WWE Contract?

Published

on

Rey Mysterio WWE Royal Rumble

For months now, Rey Mysterio has remained in contract negotiations with the feeling being that it’s an inevitability he will be signing with the WWE for a return. Of course, we’ve seen him make a couple of appearances for the company this year as he entered the Royal Rumble back in January as a surprise participant, as well as took part in the Greatest Royal Rumble back in April.

While there were some reported hangups in talks such as schedule and remaining appearances that he’s already booked such as the All In event on September 1st (read more about that here), today there’s some indication that the two sides have finally agreed to terms on a deal. Northeast Wrestling will be in Pittsfield, Massachusetts on August 24th which Mysterio had initially been advertised for. However, the promotion posted the following to Facebook today:

Unfortunately due to his upcoming contractual situation with WWE Rey Mysterio is unable to appear on August 24th. If…

Posted by Northeast Wrestling on Tuesday, August 14, 2018

 

Of course at this time, nothing has been confirmed and Mysterio is still scheduled to compete at All In, teaming with Bandido and Fenix to take on The Young Bucks and Kota Ibushi.

EA’s Take: There’s been so much talk about Mysterio signing with WWE, I felt I had to call this “rumor” just because at this point, who knows when it will actually happen. I don’t see why NEW would put that out though if it’s untrue, so I tend to believe it. I do find it interesting with All In now just over two weeks away that this has come out since that was reportedly one of Rey’s sticking points in the negotiations. So that would mean if he has agreed to a WWE deal, the company finally budged on letting him compete at the show despite all the talk that they’ve been trying to prevent talents from doing so. They already signed Deonna Purrazzo which forced her to be pulled from All In, but she doesn’t have the same kind of stroke or leverage, so to speak, that Rey would have.

 

Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Always #UseYourHead


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Continue Reading

News

WWE News: Big Show Says He’s Ready To Return To The Ring

Published

on

It has been nearly a year since the last time we saw WWE Superstar The Big Show inside of the squared circle, competing last September 4th, 2017 on Monday Night RAW in a Steel Cage match against Braun Strowman. The finish of the match that saw the multi-time World Champion crash through the cage wall was booked in order to write Big Show off of television, as he was in need of hip resurfacing surgery (an alternative procedure to a hip replacement).

Rumors surrounding Big Show’s future popped up earlier this year with many believing he had retired from the business, although that wasn’t exactly the case. While the former Giant of WCW had stated he would likely return around WrestleMania 34 and was even advertised for the Greatest Royal Rumble back in April, he unfortunately suffered a setback in his recovery (read about that here) which forced him to miss even more time. While he has been on the shelf still recuperating, Big Show revealed that he had also signed a new contract with WWE (find that here).

Big Show spoke with ESPN while appearing at a charity event yesterday at the Hackensack Meridian Health Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital in Hackensack, New Jersey, stating that he will be looking to get cleared for action this weekend:

“Hopefully within the next couple of weeks, I will be back in the ring. That’s the main goal. I’m actually going to try and get cleared Sunday, by [WWE’s] doctors; moving around the ring a little bit. I could be back as soon as the Monday Night Raw after SummerSlam, if they have something for me. Just because I’m healthy, doesn’t mean our creative team is healthy for me yet.”

You can check out the full conversation at this link.

Quote c/o ESPN

 

Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Always #UseYourHead


Always Use Your Head and visit the official Pro Wrestling Tees store for The Chairshot All t-shirt proceeds help support the advancement of your favorite hard-hitting wrestling website, The Chairshot!


Continue Reading

Connect on Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending Today