Connect with us

News

WWE Rumors: Brock Lesnar Reportedly Not Confirmed For SummerSlam

Published

on

Brock Lesnar 2

It’s no secret that members of the WWE Universe have had their fill of Brock Lesnar’s Universal Championship reign, many of whom just wanting ‘The Beast Incarnate’ to drop the title already to just about anyone. We haven’t seen Lesnar since the Greatest Royal Rumble back on April 27th and the belief has been that his next match would come at SummerSlam on August 19th.

It was then reported by The Wrestling Observer that SummerSlam would in fact be Brock’s next match (which you can read here) and likely his last as his contract will be expiring immediately after. There’s been loads of talk that Lesnar is looking to go back to the UFC, which UFC President Dana White addressed recently (check that out here).

Today, The Wrestling Observer has updated that story, reporting that Lesnar is actually not confirmed for SummerSlam or for that matter, any WWE dates at this time.

EA’s Take: I really feel like this is much ado about nothing and quite possibly one of those examples where The Observer throws a bunch of *bleep* at the wall to see what sticks. First, they report he’s definitely wrestling at SummerSlam. Now all of a sudden, they say nothing’s confirmed (which is exactly what WE said to begin with, but I digress). Well, how did you report that he’s going to be at SummerSlam to begin with when you weren’t able to confirm it? Classic Observer, which is why I can’t think of anything that they’ve reported where we didn’t post it as “Rumors”. You just can never tell with them, as I’ve said before. So let’s do the smart thing here and #UseYourHead for a moment. Do YOU honestly think that Lesnar’s not competing at SummerSlam? Unless plans changed and he’s showing up before that (which would have to be Extreme Rules in July that has also been reported to NOT be happening), I say there’s a zero percent chance he’s not at WWE’s “Summer Classic”.

 

Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Always #UseYourHead


Let us know what you think on social media @theCHAIRSHOTcom and always remember to use the hashtag #UseYourHead!
Advertisement
Comments

News

WWE News: Segment Added To Next Week’s SmackDown Live

Published

on

Vince McMahon
More has been added to next week’s SmackDown Live!

Next week we will see the final episodes of WWE’s RAW and SmackDown Live before next Sunday’s Royal Rumble event and over the weekend we’ve had some announcements regarding what we will see on both shows (see the latest for RAW here).

Today, we learned that Tuesday’s edition of the blue brand will not only see Mustafa Ali take on Samoa Joe, but Rey Mysterio and Andrade will clash again in a rematch of last week’s epic encounter. Except this time around, it will be in a 2/3 Falls Match (read about that here).

Now, a segment has been revealed for SmackDown Live that will see Royal Rumble opponents AJ Styles and WWE Champion Daniel Bryan going “face-to-face”. What will make this interesting is the addition of a third body however, which will be none other than WWE Chairman Vince McMahon himself:

Tensions between WWE Champion “The New” Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles have continued to escalate over the past several weeks, and now, with their WWE Title Match in sight, the two will meet face-to-face this Tuesday night with Mr. McMahon moderating.

With both Superstars having attacked each other in arena concourses over consecutive weeks, animosity is running at an all-time high in this incredibly personal rivalry. And now, with Mr. McMahon moderating, who only a few weeks ago urged The Phenomenal One to bring out “the real” AJ Styles, will matters boil over just five nights before they square off at Royal Rumble?

Find out this Tuesday night on SmackDown LIVE!


Let us know what you think on social media @theCHAIRSHOTcom and always remember to use the hashtag #UseYourHead!
Continue Reading

News

WWE News: Women’s Royal Rumble Participants To Be Revealed On Twitter

Published

on

Royal Rumble
More Women’s Royal Rumble competitors to be announced tomorrow!

We’re just over a week away now from one of WWE’s most anticipated pay-per-view events of the year, Royal Rumble, next Sunday from Chase Field in Phoenix.

With not much time left before the big show, there are still a large amount of spots left open in both the Men’s and Women’s Royal Rumble Matches (see the latest participant list here), but more particularly on the ladies’ side of things. At this juncture, there are eighteen slots left after Sasha Banks was finally, officially removed due to her getting a shot at RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey the same night. Of course, that doesn’t mean she still couldn’t enter the match.

As for those remaining spots, today WWE has announced that they will be doing a reveal starting at 12PM EST tomorrow on the company’s official Twitter account. It should be noted that it’s not known how many more Women’s Royal Rumble entrants will be revealed:

Let’s reveal who’s rumbling, shall we?

In a WWE first, a massive Women’s Royal Rumble Match reveal event will take place tomorrow, Sunday, Jan. 20. Starting at 12 p.m. ET on Twitter, a new Superstar will be revealed to be officially entering the Women’s Royal Rumble Match – every 30 minutes on WWE’s official Twitter page.

Which Superstars will take their place in the match that will guarantee one female Superstar a title opportunity at WrestleMania 35? Find out tomorrow as the field begins to take shape, exclusively on Twitter.


Let us know what you think on social media @theCHAIRSHOTcom and always remember to use the hashtag #UseYourHead!
Continue Reading

Connect on Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending Today