With NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV coming up this Saturday night from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, with WWE’s Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative Triple H:
- Triple H opens up the call running down the card for TakeOver
- With Aleister Black’s injury, all options were considered for the TakeOver main event, including adding a third man but ultimately the decision was made to keep it Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa due to their history
- Should there be more call-ups to the main roster after SummerSlam, Triple H believes NXT will be just fine unless they are “totally stripped”
- When asked about NXT possibly being a part of the Superstar Shake-Up in the future, Triple H believes that they already are, but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see main roster talent come back to NXT
- With regards to the FOX deal for SmackDown Live, he’s happy with NXT being on the WWE Network right now although anything is possible in the future
- Concerning the length of WWE pay-per-views and NXT TakeOver specials possibly being longer, Triple H isn’t worried about the length of time
- Triple H is satisfied with NXT being only an hour long show as it allows him to not overexpose talent and believes it works well the way that it is now
- As for talent possibly crossing over from NXT to NXT UK, the rosters are split because he wants NXT UK to stand on its own legs, but we will see some of that
- Triple H was asked about Neville’s status and the chances of him working NXT UK, but he’s not sure what Neville’s status is and would have to look into it more
- A caller stated that they are looking forward to TakeOver more and believe SummerSlam will go too long, asking if NXT’s approach could be applied to the main roster to which Triple H replied he wishes he “could fly and walk on water”, but everyone has different opinions and they’re always listening
- When asked about NXT coming to Germany, HHH says that there are always logistics issues but that there are some announcements coming
- Regarding when NXT UK will air, Triple H repeated that there are announcements coming
- When asked about any specific New Japan talent he’d like to bring in, Hunter says that talent is talent and if people are free he’s always open to using performers that he can utilize meaningfully
- As for the chances of NXT doing a show for television as well as the Network, Triple H said “never say never”
- Another question about Aleister Black’s injury and Tegan Nox, Hunter says he isn’t sure yet about Black, but was heartbroken for Tegan. Says she is doing just fine and will be out for a while, but will come back better than ever
- Hunter says Moustache Mountain are incredible talents and their match with The Undisputed Era could steal the show at TakeOver
- When asked about putting The Undisputed Era with Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, HHH says anything is possible
- Regarding possibly doing post-TakeOver press conferences, everything is on the table
- Triple H was asked about MMA talents picking up wrestling faster than most, to which he replied that’s not always the case as some people pick it up quicker regardless of their background
- Final question was about the Mae Young Classic episodes being released in batches and how it’s worked out, but Hunter says he’s not a numbers guy and that’s up to the numbers people
Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle (2/15/2019)
Start your Friday off with comments on news regarding Jimmy Uso, The Undertaker, Bray Wyatt, and more!
Jason shuffles in to the homestretch of the week with the Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle! Today we take a look at news on Jimmy Uso, The Undertaker, Bray Wyatt, and more!
Welcome To The Uso Penitentiary
According to TMZ sports, Jimmy Uso was arrested after a drunken dispute with Detroit police today. Naomi and Uso were pulled over earlier today when Namoi was headed the wrong way on a one way street. Police say that the vehicle smelled strongly of alcohol. Upon getting pulled over, Uso reportedly acted like he wanted to fight with police. He was booked and later posted bond.
Undertaker At Starrcast II
Sports Illustrated broke the news earlier today that the Undertaker will be appearing at Starrcast II Memorial Day weekend. According to SI: “I know people might assume this is an AEW event, but that is not true,” said Starrcast founder Conrad Thompson, whose convention is a weekend-long event featuring more than two dozen live wrestling-themed shows. “We have wrestlers appearing from every promotion from all over the world, and Starrcast isn’t just for All Elite Wrestling fans, it’s for all wrestling fans.
Cruiserweight Title Match Moved To Elimination Chamber Kickoff
The Cruiserweight championship match between Akira Tozawa and Buddy Murphy that was scheduled to be a part of the Elimination Chamber pay per view this coming Sunday has been moved to the Elimination Chamber kickoff show according a tweet from the WWE.
— WWE (@WWE) February 14, 2019
Bray Wyatt To Return Soon?
According to PWInsider, Bray Wyatt is “very close” to an in ring return. The last time Wyatt was seen in a WWE ring was at a WWE Live event in Columbus Ohio last December. The thought at the time was Bray Wyatt would return to Royal Rumble, but outside of some odd tweets, he hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
Jason’s Thoughts on Today’s News
Undertake is on his way to All Elite Wrestling!!!! I better not say that or some of the AEW marks will get upset. All things considered though, it will be interesting to see what the Undertaker experience will be at Starrcast II. For pretty much the entirety of his career as the Undertaker, he has really never broken character outside of the ring. I would love to see a Q&A with him, a podcast, or a potential shoot interview. If there was one person who would have hours of stories to tell, it would be the Undertaker. I am a bit curious though of his contractual situation with the WWE and if they had any input to the appearance. Many fans will associate Starrcast II with AEW, so it is interesting. Does this mean we wont be seeing Undertaker at WrestleMania?
I am not going to comment on Jimmy Uso or Namoi. Everyone has a personal life outside of the ring. I really don’t have anything of value to add.
I thought Wyatt would be back at Royal Rumble as well, and there were the rumors that the Wyatt family could reunite. Throwing a hypothetical scenario out there, but could the return of Erik Rowan and his siding with Daniel Bryan lead to a potential return scenario for Wyatt? There is history there, and the storyline would pretty much write itself.
Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle (2/14/19)
Start your Thursday off with comments on news regarding Ronda Rousey, Total Divas, NXT Takeover WrestleMania, and more!
Jason shuffles in to your Thursday with the Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle! Today we take a look at news on Ronda Rousey, Total Divas, NXT Takeover WrestleMania, and more!
Chris Jericho On AEW Talent
Chris Jericho recently did an interview with Forbes discussing various elements of All Elite Wrestling. (Read the interview HERE). One of the excerpts of the interview was in regards to homegrown talent in AEW. Jericho said:
“I think we’ve assembled a great roster already of fresh talent,” Jericho said. “We have the seasoned veterans and really untapped rookies, with great people on every level. We have six-to-eight blue-chippers. That’s all you need to do a wrestling company. I think we have enough talent for the first year already.”
“I think what AEW has done is shaken up the big companies, and when I say that I mean WWE and New Japan, to where they’re signing everybody, and signing them to longer deals and more money. And I say to all of them, you’re welcome.”
“We have to work and build the roster that we already have, knowing that we’ll get more, but for right now, we have to assume this is our roster for next year. Let’s build some guys and create some of our own stars, which is mandatory for any wrestling company to survive.”
Ronda Rousey Joining Total Divas ?
Over the past few days, we have found out that Lana will be removed from the upcoming season of Total Divas while Sonya Deville will be added to the show. Now word is coming out that Ronda Rousey may be added to season nine. Crew members have reportedly been filming Rousey the past few weeks on her Browsey Acres farm.
Plans For The Women’s Tag Division Revealed?
WrestleVotes, one of the wrestling Twitter accounts that has a track record in breaking wrestling news, has sources that have revealed some potential information regarding the women’s tag division in a tweet earlier today:
Source: the Women’s division roster is slowly going to be crossing over more between both shows.
The plan is to have the Women’s Tag Team Champions appear on both brands initially, however, not on a weekly basis.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) February 13, 2019
NXT Takeover: Blacklist?
According the ticket website for the WWE, the NXT Takeover event that will be taking place during WrestleMania weekend will be titled NXT Takeover:Blacklist. (You can view the ticket page HERE)
Jason’s Thoughts On Today’s News
With one set of tag team titles and lack of depth, it was a given that the women’s tag team division would cross over between brands. If handled right, I think the women’s tag team division will do well and could be a draw for WWE. While we are a ways off from an all women’s weekly show in WWE, the tag team division is the next logical step in that direction. It would be nice to see the NXT women’s division involved in the tag team division as well. Isn’t it interesting though? WWE, a company who has really done nothing with tag team wrestling the last 5 to 10 years trying to revolutionize women’s tag team wrestling in America. #savetagteamwrestling (Speaking of which, pick up a Save Tag Team Wrestling t-shirt from the Chairshot Pro Wrestling Tees store HERE Yeah, I know, cheap plug)
Can AEW run for a year on 6 to 8 names like Jeircho says it can? Is WWE and New Japan really trying to sign all the talent available? Or is Jericho just good at stirring the pot ? Let’s say it’s a combination of all of the above.