Following his promo on Monday’s edition of WWE Raw, is Seth Rollins being positioned as the next challenger for Brock Lesnar’s Universal Championship? If so, will he be the man to slay The Beast?
WWE has made a bunch of bad decisions in the past. One of the biggest is putting their top championship on part-timer Brock Lesnar. With Lesnar showing up only five times a year to defend the title, fans have come to hate the star and WWE for giving Lesnar special treatment.
When Roman Reigns finally beat Lesnar at SummerSlam for the Universal Championship, it was a time for celebration. Reigns maintained he would be a fighting champion and defend the title every chance he had. Yet, two months after his win, Reigns relinquished the championship when he revealed to the WWE Universe that he was battling leukemia.
With Reigns out of the picture, the two contenders for the vacant Universal Championship were Lesnar and Braun Strowman. Many assumed Strowman would be the man to win the Universal Championship. Afterall, he’s one of the top guy on RAW and is over with the crowds, plus he’d be there every week to defend the championship. But at Crown Jewel, WWE decided to pull a swerve and make Lesnar a two-time Universal champion.
The idea of putting the belt back on Lesnar hasn’t gone over well with fans, who have voiced their displeasure. Many fear that there will be a repeat of last time, where Lesnar has the belt for a year and he hardly shows up. Yet, there is hope. According to reports, Lesnar is schedule for only two more appearances, which means his championship reign may be cut short.
So who will be the man to dethrone “The Beast?”
Braun Strowman seems like the logical choice. However, it looks like he may be entering a feud with Baron Corbin and may be cut out of the title picture.
If not Strowman, who will be the next contender?
Based off his promo on RAW, it appears Seth Rollins may be the man to take on Lesnar.
Seth Rollins pointed out that Brock Lesnar is a lazy part-timer and that him being champion is a disgrace to everything that Roman Reigns fought for.
Rollins is super over as a babyface and this year he’s been red hot when it comes to his matches. With momentum on his side and with the right creative booking, he very well could become a threat for Lesnar’s Universal Championship.
The two have history since you’ll recall Seth Rollins cashed in his Money In The Bank contract during Lesnar’s WrestleMania 31 match with Roman Reigns. Going forward WWE could use the fact that Rollins never pinned Lesnar as incentive for their feud. Rollins also defended the WWE Championship against Lesnar at Battleground 2015, but thanks to The Undertaker the match didn’t have a decisive pinfall or submission finish.
With Rollins wanting to continue Roman’s dream of being a fighting champion, it’s only fitting that he’ll be the one to take down Brock Lesnar.
At the moment, Seth Rollins is in a heated feud with his Shield brother Dean Ambrose. But, if need be, their feud can pick back up after Rollins is finished with Lesnar. With Seth Rollins as the new Universal Championship, he and Ambrose can battle it out for the coveted championship at WrestleMania 35, giving fans the match they’ve been wanting along with a full-time RAW champion.
NXT Minus 6: Moving Forward
What does the next era of NXT hold?
It’s WWE NXT: We’re moving on. We’re not bitter. We’re happy with what we have.
6. The WWE reeeeeally loves to screw with us. They spend weeks dumping on NXT then kick off a show with a 4.7 star banger?!?!?! Buddy Murphy is a big league striker. He packs a punch far above his weight class. Meanwhile, Velveteen Dream steals another victory. I like where they’re going with him. Shades of the Ultimate Opportunist. Living on the Edge of a Dream?
5. “Charlie Brown finally kicked the football.” Oh Mauro, sometimes you are just too good.
4. Dominik Dijakovic is in desperate need of a save. I have no idea what that promo was. Ancient Wicca prayer? Medieval magnet poetry? He is world class in ring and absolutely floundering on the mic. He’s so bad, it would be an upgrade if Io Shirai was his manager.
3. Speaking of promos, Johnny Champion adds another layer to his story. Johnny Smartass absolutely crushed Adam Cole on the mic. I know they said 2-out-of-3 would be definitive, but if we get Johnny Gargano-Adam Cole part 2 in HIAC or falls count anywhere, I’d find it in my heart to forgive them.
2. Shayna Baszler watches Dark Side of the Ring. She thinks it’s a comedy. She is PURE EVIL. She is as pure of a heel as there is. She is the anti-Ricky Steamboat.
1. I’m trying to overlook how poorly WWE handled Kairi Sane’s last NXT match. Instead, I am focusing on how much it adds to the inevitable Baszler-Io Shirai matchup. Shirai has improved in ring every time out, but she’s still anime nicey nice. It will be exciting to see her turn up the emotion and intensity and really look to hurt Baszler as payback for her best friend. This one could steal the show at the next Takeover.
That’s right…I said it.
Mcleod: Will We Ever Get The Lee vs. Dijakovic Rematch?
Will we ever see the anticipated rematch?
Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic tore the house down in their first WWE NXT encounter, and Scott Mcleod is eagerly awaiting the rematch–just like the rest of us!
Cast your minds back several weeks when we saw a short but physically impressive match between Keith Lee & Dominik Dijakovic. We saw Lee get monkey flipped only to land on his feet and Dijakovic hit a corkscrew plancha to the outside. The match unfortunately ended in a double count out but we were lead to believe this wasn’t over as they continue to brawl while refs try to pull them apart.
They were scheduled to face off on the episode where the 5 way to face Gargano took place and that was the focus of that episode. A week or so later Lee said they would settle their differences in two weeks time.Two weeks should have this week but Lee was nowhere to be seen. Dijakovic came out and beat an enhancement in record time before declaring his intentions to challenge for the North American Championship. Judging from this week it looks like they’re feud is done which is just a shame.
They teased us with what could be with that match several weeks ago. Two guys who have the size but can pull out incredible displays of athleticism. Put that on a takeover give them around 10 minutes between two title matches and they would tear the house down. It would be a shame to not see this match at least one more time in NXT. If a few weeks ago didn’t convince you then check out their match from the PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2017 which was rated 5 stars.
It would be something different to everything else on the card. If Dijakovic is set to challenge Velveteen Dream can we not not add Lee and make it a triple threat. Think of how good Dijakovic vs Lee was and add the Dream. Don’t tell me you don’t want to see that on a Takeover. They could have a good build as well. You have the charisma of Lee & Dream along with the intensity of Dijakovic. I need to see that now.
Opinion1 day ago
Did Sasha Banks Overreact to Her WWE ‘WrestleMania 35’ Loss, or is The Boss on Point?
News1 day ago
NXT UK TV Taping Results from Glasgow Night 2
Opinion2 days ago
Carroll: Winners & Losers Of The WWE Superstar Shake-Up
News2 days ago
WWE NXT UK Results: TV Taping Spoilers (4/19/19 in Scotland)