Connect with us

News

WWE News: NXT UK Superstars Getting Tougher Restrictions On Where They Work

Published

on

NXT UK
WWE’s NXT UK Superstars are about to become more limited on where else they can work!

As the WWE continues trying to catch up with its previously recorded episodes of NXT UK on Wednesdays while also taping more television (see results from this weekend’s Liverpool day one and day two tapings), multiple reports today are pointing towards the company becoming much more strict with who the NXT UK roster can also work for.





With the announcement of the first NXT UK TakeOver coming up in January, a report today by WrestleTalk says that talents were given new contracts over the weekend, giving them raises, but also restricting their options on working for other promotions moving forward. While it was said that these new restrictions won’t apply to everybody on the NXT UK roster, some of the brand’s top talent will have to follow them.

Additionally, a bunch of the Superstars who received new deals will be able to finish out there advertised bookings, however there must be a paramedic on-hand after “several” talents showed up at the “UK Performance Center” with new injuries that the company was not aware of. It’s also being said those same Superstars are not allowed to wrestle against any talent from Ring Of Honor, IMPACT Wrestling, New Japan Pro Wrestling, World Of Sport or “any other major promotion”.

There is however one point of contention with this report, as WrestleTalk reports the only promotions talent will be able to work for outside of WWE going ahead are PROGRESS, Insane Championship Wrestling and Germany’s wXw. According to PWInsider, this isn’t fully true as they are also allowed to work for Fight Club Pro, Attack! Pro Wrestling, Over The Top Wrestling and Futureshock.





Do you think getting a pay raise is worth the NXT UK Superstars being more restricted in their other bookings? Let us know on social media @theCHAIRSHOTcom and always remember to use the hashtag #UseYourHead!


Let us know what you think on social media @theCHAIRSHOTcom and always remember to use the hashtag #UseYourHead!
Advertisement
Comments

News

Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle (2/18/19)

Start your Monday off with comments on news regarding Chris Jericho/IMPACT, AEW Ticket Sales, Becky Lynch and more!

Published

on

ALL IN Chris Jericho

Jason shuffles into Monday with the Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle! Today we take a look at news on Chris Jericho/IMPACT, AEW Ticket Sales, Becky Lynch, and more!

http://thechairshot.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/imageedit_17_2646117348.png

More On IMPACT Offer To Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho was recently a guest on Wrestling Observer Radio, and during the broadcast he discussed the offer that IMPACT wrestling made to him a few months ago: (credit to Fightful for the transcription below)

“In my mind, from a pure business standpoint, I’m worth as much as Brock Lesnar to WWE as far as what I bring to the table. That’s the watermark that I had. For me to go back to Vince, I want that kind of a deal. When I was starting to talk with Tony (Khan) and New Japan and Impact as well– Impact offered me a hell of a deal for a four match series. We’re talking mid-seven figures. They have some cash as well.”

AEW Double Or Nothing Ticket Sale Notes

Cody Rhodes took to Twitter a few days ago and provided some interesting stats on ticket sales for AEW Double Or Nothing:

Why The Women Didn’t Headline Elimination Chamber

Initially, it was thought that the historic Women’s Tag Team Championship match would headline the Elimination Chamber pay per view, however, according to Fightful, Vince McMahon made the change to swap the match out with the men’s Elimination Chamber match. McMahon felt the women’s match would get the reaction desired to close out the show.

Becky Lynch Re-Injures Knee At Live Event

While it appears to be only in storyline, Becky Lynch appeared to re-injure her knee after attempting to attach Charlotte Flair at a house show Saturday evening.

 


Let us know what you think on social media @theCHAIRSHOTcom and always remember to use the hashtag #UseYourHead!
Continue Reading

News

WWE Elimination Chamber Results: WWE Championship Match

Was Daniel Bryan able to walk out of WWE Elimination Chamber still BOTH the Planet’s and WWE Champion?

Published

on

WWE Elimination Chamber WWE Championship Match

Six men fought it out in the main event of WWE Elimination Chamber for The New Daniel Bryan’s WWE Championship. Did the Planet’s Champion retain?

The six men involved were:

  • Kofi Kingston (with Big E and Xavier Woods, starting in the near right pod)
  • Jeff Hardy (starting in the far right pod)
  • Randy Orton (starting in the near left pod)
  • AJ Styles (starting in the near left pod)
  • Samoa Joe (starting in the ring)
  • WWE Champion Daniel Bryan (with Eric Rowan, starting in the ring)

Kofi Kingston was THE fan’s favorite headed into this match. But he started in a pod, as the first two men in the match were Samoa Joe and WWE Champion Daniel Bryan (the Ring Of Honor fan in me is happy).

Order of events:

  • Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe started the match at 0:00
  • Kofi Kingston entered the Chamber at 5:16
  • AJ Styles entered the Chamber at 10:27
  • AJ Styles eliminated Samoe Joe at 14:34
  • Jeff Hardy entered the Chamber at 15:14
  • Daniel Bryan eliminated Jeff Hardy at 17:58
  • Randy Orton entered the Chamber at 19:57
  • Randy Orton eliminated AJ Styles at 22:21
  • Kofi Kingston eliminated Randy Orton at 24:01
  • The final two men in the match were WWE Champion Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston
  • Daniel Bryan pinned Kofi Kingston at 36:35 to retain the WWE Championship

Daniel Bryan last eliminated Kofi Kingston to win the Elimination Chamber match and retain the WWE Championship


Follow along with Mitchell’s WWE Elimination Chamber Coverage!


 


Let us know what you think on social media @theCHAIRSHOTcom and always remember to use the hashtag #UseYourHead!
Continue Reading

Connect on Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending Today