Spoiler results for next week’s episode of WWE RAW!
Immediately after tonight’s episode of Monday Night RAW went off the air (see what happened with Mitchell’s Live Report), fans at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento also got next week’s episode, as WWE will be taping its Christmas Eve episode of RAW and Christmas Day edition of SmackDown Live this week.
Already announced at the end of tonight’s episode on the USA Network for next week were a number of matches. We saw Natalya win a Gauntlet Match to earn a shot against Ronda Rousey for the RAW Women’s Championship, Bobby Lashley vs. Elias in a Miracle On 34th Street Fight and Seth Rollins will go one-on-one with Baron Corbin. Plus, three Superstars that have issues will try to settle them in a Triple Threat as Finn Balor battles Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre.
Here are the results for next week’s RAW:
- We open with Elias in the ring singing a Christmas song about Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush which leads to them coming out
- Miracle On 34th Street Fight: Elias defeated Bobby Lashley in a match that involved a fire extinguisher, a smashed violin and Lashley getting slammed on Legos
- RAW Tag Titles: Bobby Roode & Chad Gable retained over The Revival in what was called “fast and furious” and “an NXT style match”
- Drew McIntyre makes his way to the ring for our next match, but gets interviewed first and vows to win the Royal Rumble then go to WrestleMania
- Triple Threat: Finn Balor defeated Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre after pinning Ziggler with a Coup De Grace. After the match McIntyre comes in and attacks Dolph, turns his back on him and then pays for it with a Zig Zag
- Bayley, Ember Moon & Sasha Banks defeated Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke & Mickie James after Bayley & Sasha both pinned Mickie. After the match The Riott Squad lays out Bayley, Sasha & Ember
- Paul Heyman heads to the ring and discusses Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman at Royal Rumble, leading to Strowman interrupting
- RAW Women’s Title: Ronda Rousey retained over Natalya
- Jinder Mahal vs. Heath Slater ends in a No Contest when Santa Claus shows up at ringside, then is revealed to be Rhyno who hits Jinder with a Gore
- Seth Rollins defeated Baron Corbin with the Stomp
Results c/o @IWillScoop
Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle: News Involving Ashley Massaro, Ric Flair, NXT, and More! (5/17/19)
News involving Ashley Massaro, Ric Flair, NXT Tag Titles, and More!
News here! News involving Ashley Massaro, Ric Flair, NXT Tag Titles, and More!
Ric Flair Medical Scare?
TMZ Sports broke news Thursday morning that Ric Flair suffered a medical emergency that they quoted as being “very serious.” Later in the day, Conrad Thompson would refute that report and stated that Flair had a planned procedure, but wouldn’t elaborate on any further details. TMZ Sports would post and update from Flair’s wife, Wendy Barlow, and she said:
“Due to ongoing health complications, Ric was taken to the hospital and is expected to undergo a procedure tomorrow morning, after which he expects to fully recovery.”
It’s hard to believe everything you read when it comes to wrestling, so that’s why you should be reading the Chairshot everyday. We sort through the bullshit so you don’t have to. On that note, hopefully things are ok with the Nature Boy. Reading news on Flair like this makes me a little nervous, especially with the medical scare he had in 2017. But it looks like even death itself taps out to the Figure Four.
Alexa Bliss Pulled From Money In The Bank
WWE Tweeted this morning that Alexa Bliss has been pulled from the Money In The Bank ladder match, and has been replaced by Nikki Cross. The reason given by WWE is that Alexa has not been medically cleared to compete. Dave Meltzer is reporting that the reason is indeed injury related, and possibly due to Alexa’s concussion history.
If the company was worried about her concussion history and her participating in a ladder match, why did they attempt to put her in it in the first place?
NXT Tag Titles Vacated
WWE has announced that the NXT Tag Team Championships have been vacated. This shouldn’t be a surprise with the Viking Raiders being called up to the main roster. WWE’s storyline reasoning is due to the controversial ending of the title match between The Viking Raiders and The Street Profits that aired on Wednesday’s episode of NXT. This show was taped on Wednesday, May 1, 2019, from Winter Park, FL at the Full Sail University. William Regal will address the situation on next week’s episode of NXT.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) May 16, 2019
I’m not really shocked that the Viking Raiders were stripped of the titles. The real question is who the next team is that will be crowned champions? Could the Undisputed Era regain the titles?
Kurt Angle On AEW
Kurt Angle is one of the handful of wrestlers who is no stranger to leaving WWE, and re-vitalizing his career with another promotion. So, rightfully, Angle would be someone to ask on thoughts of AEW competing with WWE. Angle spoke with Wrestling Inc on Thursday, and gave some of his thoughts on AEW.
“I want the fans to be excited about it. I’m gonna tell you this though, and I don’t wanna come around in five years and say ‘I told you so.’ Listen, WWE is the No. 1 brand and will always be No. 1…There’s no way in heck anybody’s gonna catch up to them. If this company… I’m not daring them, I’m just saying it’s not bad to be No. 2. If you’re gonna set out to be No. 1, then you’re gonna spend a lot of F’n money,”
WWE will always be around in some way, shape, or form. WCW Monday Nitro wasn’t going to catch WWE. Paul Heyman famously said that Nitro would be dead in 3 months. While the odds will be stacked against AEW, never say never.
Ashley Massaro Passes Away At 39
In a bit of shocking news, former WWE Diva, Ashley Massaro, has passed away at 39 according to TMZ sports. Massaro was transported from her home in Suffolk County, NY to a nearby hospital where she died early Thursday morning.
WOW. Only 39 years old, 3 years older than myself. Thoughts and prayers to her family in this difficult time
DeMarco’s WWE Smackdown YouTube Performance Report (5/14/19)
Did the blue brand deliver on YouTube? Well…Roman did!
Greg DeMarco’s look at the WWE Smackdown YouTube performance for the May 14th broadcast!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more). The weekly WWE Smackdown YouTube Performance Report is a look into that success metric.
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s WWE Smackdown YouTube Performance Report, compiled overnight Wednesday night (a few hours more than 24 hours after Smackdown went off the air), for the 5/14/19 edition of WWE Smackdown:
- Roman Reigns & The Usos vs. Shane McMahon, Elias, Daniel Bryan & Erick Rowan – 1.203 million views
- Shane McMahon & Elias attack Roman Reigns & The Miz – 1.057 million views
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn attack Kofi Kingston – 601k views
- Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair history/feud video package – 384k views
- Finn Balor vs. Andrade vs. Ali vs. Randy Orton – 369k views
- Asuka & Kairi Sane vs. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville – 310k views
- Shane McMahon makes the handicap match – 111k views
- Lacey Evans promo for Money In The Bank – 82k views
- Ms. Money In The Bank promo – 56k views
- Aleister Black promo – 53k views
Ratings analysis appears after the ad – buy a shirt!
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at:
Greg DeMarco’s WWE Smackdown YouTube Ratings Analysis
No numbers comparison as I wasn’t able to compile last week’s videos. Roman Reigns delivered big time this week, with two videos both over a million views. Those were the only two videos to cross 1 million.
The overall views were down, much like Raw on YouTube this week. But Raw’s TV ranking improved, and it was not opposed by the NBA. That said, if you’re WWE you have to be happy with the performance of Kevin Owens and Kofi Kingston.
My favorite video…The IIconics on commentary!
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?
Opinion17 hours ago
Good, Bad and Ugly Preview: WWE Money In the Bank (2019)
Opinion19 hours ago
NXT Minus 6: Ridiculous (5/15/19 edition)
Podcasts2 days ago
Driving With DeMarco #039: I Don’t Need Wrestling Newz To Know Triple H Is Frustrated
Blog2 days ago
Levin: Television Deal Gives AEW A Chance To Push WWE Around