A look at the ratings for last night’s WWE SmackDown Live!
While things on the ratings side for Monday Night RAW have not been going swimmingly of late (check out this week’s numbers for the red brand), WWE’s SmackDown Live continues to dominate Tuesday nights, although they still pull much less viewership than RAW. Would that hold true this week?
The ratings for last night’s SmackDown Live are in and not only are they also rough, but they are historically rough as the blue brand pulls a 1.948, down 13.9% from last week. Here’s how the last four weeks of ratings for SmackDown Live look:
- November 13th: 2.312
- November 20th: 2.150
- November 27th: 2.264
- December 5th: 1.948
With that big of a drop in viewership also comes a dip in the Cable Top 150 Rankings for the 18-49 demographic, something that the blue brand generally isn’t found outside of the top two. This week is one of those weeks, as SmackDown Live is down to number three. Here’s the top five:
- The Curse Of Oak Island – History – 0.74
- Below Deck – Bravo – 0.69
- SmackDown Live – USA Network – 0.66
- The Challenge: Reckoning Reunion – MTV – 0.40
- Chrisley Knows Best – USA Network – 0.37
EA’s Take: When I first took a look at the numbers, I had to do a double take…then a triple take and make sure I wasn’t being bamboozled. There’s no way two ways about it. If ratings are how you judge WWE’s product, it doesn’t get much worse than this week with either show. Unusual, considering no matter what’s going on with RAW, SmackDown Live still performs on-screen (which they did this week) and fans generally look at that as their “saving grace” when Monday nights are boring them to death. But, we’ve come close to these numbers just recently in early November, so hitting them this time of the year isn’t that big of a surprise. Just kind of catches you off-guard at first.
WWE News: NXT Live Event Results From Venice, Florida (12/8/18)
Results from the other NXT Live Event last night in Florida!
Last night while a portion of the WWE NXT roster featuring the brand’s champions and top Superstars were in action for a Live Event in St. Paul, Minnesota (find the results here), another portion containing more of the newer talent and Performance Center recruits continued their own weekend tour.
Following Friday night’s action in Fort Pierce (check those results out here), things moved along to Venice with a lineup that featured War Raiders back in tag team action, Keith Lee partnering with The Street Profits to take on The Forgotten Sons, in addition to Nikki Cross versus Deonna Purrazzo and more. Below are the results:
- Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch defeated Mansoor Al-Shehail & Rick Boog
- Xia Li defeated Vanessa Borne
- Babatunde defeated Fabian Aichner
- Aliyah & Reina Gonzalez defeated Jessie Elaban & MJ Jenkins
- Shane Thorne defeated Riddick Moss
- War Raiders defeated Brennan Williams & Punishment Martinez
- Nikki Cross defeated Deonna Purrazzo
- Keith Lee & The Street Profits defeated The Forgotten Sons
Results c/o Fightful
— Naturally Phenomenal (@NaturallyP1) December 9, 2018
#NXTVenice it was an awesome match between @NikkiCrossWWE and @DeonnaPurrazzo with as beloved Nikki is, it was awesome seeing Deonna getting a fairshare of support from the crowd as well, she is awesome pic.twitter.com/lpHPVxKOEO
— Kyle Feeley (@ScorpioKyle) December 9, 2018
Thank you #NXTVenice
Lee Profits. pic.twitter.com/uIQqH2PaqI
— King Tez (@MontezFordWWE) December 9, 2018
WWE News: NXT Live Event Results From St. Paul, Minnesota (12/8/18)
Results from NXT’s Live Event in St. Paul, Minnesota!
As we’ve noted, the WWE NXT roster has been divided up this weekend with some of the fresher faces staying home in Florida while the majority of the top Superstars have been north in Wisonsin and Minnesota.
After Friday night’s show in Green Bay (check out the results here), last night’s card a TakeOver: War Games II rematch as The Velveteen Dream challenged Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Championship. Plus, Kairi Sane looked to recapture the NXT Women’s Title from Shayna Baszler, The Undisputed Era in a 6-Man Tag and much more. Below are the results:
- Matt Riddle defeated Kassius Ohno
- Jessamyn Duke defeated Candice LeRae
- Bobby Fish defeated Humberto Carrillo
- Dominik Dijakovic defeated Kona Reeves
- Aleister Black defeated Johnny Gargano
- Ricochet & Heavy Machinery defeated The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong)
- NXT Women’s Title: Kairi Sane defeated Shayna Baszler by DQ
- NXT Title: Tommaso Ciampa retained over The Velveteen Dream
Results c/o WrestleZone