A look at the YouTube performance for the January 28th edition of WWE RAW!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings/
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s RAW YouTube Report, compiled approximately 48 hours after RAW went off the air:
- Brock Lesnar attacks Seth Rollins – 3.2 Million views
- Becky Lynch chooses Ronda Rousey as her WrestleMania opponent – 2.7M views
- Nia Jax attacks Dean Ambrose – 2M views
- Dean Ambrose interrupts Seth Rollins & Triple H – 1.2M views
- Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre – 1.1M views
- Ronda Rousey vs. Bayley – 1M views
- Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose – 828K views
- Elias bashes Jeff Jarett & Road Dogg with guitars – 635k views
- Bobby Lashley attacks Finn Balor – 534k views
- Daniel Bryan & Rowan arrive at Raw – 409k views
- Alexa Bliss & Mickie James vs. Nia Jax & Tamina – 364K views
- Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin – 363k views
- Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins vs. The Revival – 254k views
- Bayley answers Ronda Rousey’s open challenge – 245K views
- Sasha Banks & Seth Rollins surprise a fan – 218K views
- Natalya & Dana Brooke vs. Sarah Logan & Liv Morgan – 210K views
- Footage of Nia Jax attacking R-Truth at the Royal Rumble – 158k views
- Mojo Rawley cuts a promo on…Mojo Rawley – 149k views
WWE Raw YouTube Ratings Analysis
The top programs coming out of the Royal Rumble—Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch choosing their opposition—took center stage on YouTube this week. Universal Champion Brock Lesnar attacked Seth Rollins before he could make his choice official (the company would later do that for him), hitting multiple F5s and garnering 3.2 million YouTube views in the process.
A half million behind them, at 2.7 million views, was the hottest star in the company Becky Lynch revealing that her selection was indeed Raw Women’s Champion (and former UFC Champion) Ronda Rousey. Nia Jax attack on Dean Ambrose (or tripping and falling into him, as Ambrose puts it) drew an even 2 million views.
Dean Ambrose’s brilliant interruption of Seth Rollins (including his fantastic mocking of Triple H) drew in 1.2 million views, followed closely by Braun Strowman and Drew McIntyre getting 1.1 million and Ronda Rousey being challenged by Bayley (the actual match) getting 1 million.
Facts and Figures
- Big Winner – Seth Rollins (4.4 million views between two videos)
- 6 videos at or over 1 million views
- Total views – 15.6 million
- The top video represented 20% of the total views
- The 18 videos associated with Raw averaged 865k views
- There was 3.05 million view difference between #1 and #18
- The top 6 videos accounted for 72% of the total views
And that Mojo Rawley video? Totally underrated…
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?