Spoiler results from today’s NXT UK TV tapings!
After what many fans would agree was a successful first-ever NXT UK TakeOver from Blackpool (catch up with it all with Mitchell’s Live Report), the NXT UK roster was back at the Empress Ballroom today for its next set of television tapings.
While nothing had officially been announced ahead of today’s event, PWInsider reported that it would feature the official in-ring debut of WALTER after he made a surprise appearance at TakeOver: Blackpool. As is usually the case when it comes to spoilers, it’s not known if the matches will air in the same order they were taped. With that being said, here are the results:
- Luke Menzies defeated Flash Morgan Webster
- WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne comes to the ring for a promo, but he gets interrupted by Joe & Mark Coffey before WALTER arrives to even the odds
- Nina Samuels defeated Lana Austin
- Amir Jordan & Kenny Williams defeated Saxon Huxley & Tyson T-Bone
- Eddie Dennis defeated Jamie Ahmed
- Jordan Devlin vs. Travis Banks ended in a Double Count-Out, they continue to brawl after the bell
- Dave Mastiff defeated The Primate
- New NXT UK Tag Team Champions James Drake & Zack Gibson come to the ring for a promo and Assistant to the GM Sid Scala makes his way out to announce they will defend the titles soon against Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch
- WALTER defeated Jack Starz
- Jinny defeated Kasey Owens
- Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) defeated Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel
- It’s announced the the main event will see Mark Coffey take on WALTER
- Ligero defeated Mark Andrews
- Xia Brookside defeated Candy Floss, after the match Rhea Ripley attacks them both, but new NXT UK Women’s Champion Toni Storm makes the save and also gets left laying by Ripley
- Joseph Conners defeated ‘Wild Boar’ Mike Hitchman
- Joe Coffey defeated Ashton Smith
- WALTER defeated Mark Coffey
Results c/o @DeiOwen
Andrew’s WWE Raw Star Ratings (6/3/19)
Andrew gives you his immediate reaction to the June 17 WWE Raw with his star ratings! How many snowflakes did Andrew give?
The 6/17/19 WWE Raw is history, and here are Andrew’s ratings:
- #1 Contender for US Title Elimination: Bobby Lashley vs Cesaro vs Braun Strowman vs Ricochet vs The Miz: Ricochet wins via 630 Senton – ** ¼
- Viking Raiders vs Jobbers: Raiders win via Viking Experience – N/A
- 2 out of 3 Falls: The New Day vs Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin & Sami Zayn: New Day wins via Trouble in Paradise (2-0) – ** ½
- The Usos vs Gallows & Anderson: Usos win via Double Superkick – N/A
- Women’s Tag Team Championship: The IIconics (c) vs Nikki Cross & Alexa Bliss: IIconics retain via Roll-Up – * ½
- Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan: Rollins wins via Stomp – ***
- Top performers: Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins
- Total matches = 6
- Total snowflakes = 9.25
- Average = 2.31 (N/A ratings are not included in the average calculation)
Time to pick up a new Chairshot shirt!
Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle: Bray Wyatt On Raw, All Out Sold Out, WWE Talent News And More! (6/17/19)
News Involving Bray Wyatt On Raw, All Out Sold Out, WWE Talent News And More!
News Here! Bray Wyatt On Raw, All Out Sold Out, WWE Talent News And More!
Mike And Maria Re-sign With WWE
Last month in the shuffle, I discussed the news that Mike and Maria Kanellis had expiring contracts with WWE. Many of you discussed their potential jump to AEW on the Chairshot Facebook page. In what many are considering to be a bit of a shock, the couple has reach a long term agreement to re-sign with WWE, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. No contract terms were disclosed.
I am a bit shocked that they re-signed with WWE, and figured a move back to ROH or a jump to AEW seemed logical. While many, including myself, feel that WWE hasn’t done much with the couple, Mike Kanellis did have a substance abuse battle last year in which the company stood by him during his difficult time. Perhaps due to the loyalty the company showed then, and mostly likely a decent wage, were the reasons the couple chose to re-sign. What if Maria re-signed and Mike didn’t?
All Out Sold Out
In what must be considered great news for AEW, the All Out show sold out in less than 15 minuets. According to various outlets, ticket sites for the event have over 70,00 people in online waiting rooms waiting to purchase tickets. The Sears Center in Chicago will hold roughly 12,000 people for this event.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) June 14, 2019
It is great that the company has been so successful in ticket sales when WWE is hurting to sell tickets to Stomping Grounds. However, can the company sell out venues week after week for live television ? Not taking any credit away from the company, but many are comparing AEW ticket sales to WWE ticket sales. It is a little tough to be doing that when the company has yet to air a weekly product.
Bray Wyatt On RAW?
One of the most entertaining segments on RAW lately has been the Firefly Funhouse and Bray Wyatt. According to PWInsider, Wyatt is scheduled to appear on RAW during tonight’s episode.
Many agree that Wyatt has been the most entertaining segment of RAW. How they re-debut Wyatt will be key. My hope is is that the company finally does something with Wyatt, as Wyatt is money.
Latest On WWE Talent Exodus
Since the formation of AEW last October, it’s been almost weekly that we hear about someone leaving WWE to jump to AEW. According to Dave Meltzer, many inside WWE are turning down big money deals to potentially jump to AEW.
“They were just in town and everybody wants out. I won’t say everybody because that’s not fair. Roman Reigns doesn’t want out. But the amount of people who have contacted AEW would blow your mind,” Meltzer said. “There are people that are counting down the days. There are guys who have told me, including guys in AEW now, that they cannot believe that they turned the offer down [from WWE] but they did. I know people in WWE right now who are not interested in signing again and they can’t believe they are turning down the money.”
Let’s be honest, we are going to hear news of someone wanting to leave WWE daily. AEW isn’t going to, nor are they going to be interested to, sign every ex-WWE star. Many people that I had felt would have left WWE (Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Mike and Maria Kanellis) have re-signed with the company. You could make the argument for many of WWE’s stars jumping to AEW in order to add some life to their careers. Wrestling is one of the most unpredictable forms of entertainment as far as determining what talent will head where.