Spoiler results from today’s NXT UK TV tapings!
After what many fans would agree was a successful first-ever NXT UK TakeOver from Blackpool (catch up with it all with Mitchell’s Live Report), the NXT UK roster was back at the Empress Ballroom today for its next set of television tapings.
While nothing had officially been announced ahead of today’s event, PWInsider reported that it would feature the official in-ring debut of WALTER after he made a surprise appearance at TakeOver: Blackpool. As is usually the case when it comes to spoilers, it’s not known if the matches will air in the same order they were taped. With that being said, here are the results:
- Luke Menzies defeated Flash Morgan Webster
- WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne comes to the ring for a promo, but he gets interrupted by Joe & Mark Coffey before WALTER arrives to even the odds
- Nina Samuels defeated Lana Austin
- Amir Jordan & Kenny Williams defeated Saxon Huxley & Tyson T-Bone
- Eddie Dennis defeated Jamie Ahmed
- Jordan Devlin vs. Travis Banks ended in a Double Count-Out, they continue to brawl after the bell
- Dave Mastiff defeated The Primate
- New NXT UK Tag Team Champions James Drake & Zack Gibson come to the ring for a promo and Assistant to the GM Sid Scala makes his way out to announce they will defend the titles soon against Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch
- WALTER defeated Jack Starz
- Jinny defeated Kasey Owens
- Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) defeated Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel
- It’s announced the the main event will see Mark Coffey take on WALTER
- Ligero defeated Mark Andrews
- Xia Brookside defeated Candy Floss, after the match Rhea Ripley attacks them both, but new NXT UK Women’s Champion Toni Storm makes the save and also gets left laying by Ripley
- Joseph Conners defeated ‘Wild Boar’ Mike Hitchman
- Joe Coffey defeated Ashton Smith
- WALTER defeated Mark Coffey
Results c/o @DeiOwen
WWE News: Who Was Added To The Women’s Royal Rumble Today?
All the names added to the Women’s Royal Rumble today!
As was noted yesterday, WWE announced that they would be revealing more participants in next Sunday’s Women’s Royal Rumble Match via Twitter today, with a new name being confirmed every thirty minutes (see the announcement here).
Up until today, only twelve entrants in the match had been revealed after Sasha Banks was removed since she will be facing RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey for the title that night. Here are all the names that were officially added today:
- Charlotte Flair
- Peyton Royce
- Billie Kay
- Dana Brooke
- Nia Jax
- Nikki Cross
This now leaves nine spots remaining in the Women’s Royal Rumble Match, giving plenty of room for surprise entries.
EA’s Take: I’m not sure why anything with wrestling fans surprises me anymore, but it’s amazing how much complaining there was that WWE was going to do this. A lot of people assumed they were going to release the rest of the competitors and not save any surprises, even though it was NEVER stated that they were going to do that. Personally, I thought it was a good idea to keep people paying attention to WWE’s Twitter on Championship Sunday in the NFL.
WWE News: Matt Hardy Says He’s Ready To Return, In Best Shape In Years
Matt Hardy gives a big update on his in-ring return!
It’s been a number of months now since WWE Superstar Matt Hardy was forced to step away from the ring after years of abuse on his body was beginning to show its affects with his pelvis beginning to fuse with his spine (read about that here).
Last month, Matt revealed in an interview that everything with his rehabilitation has gone “better than expected”, stating that he didn’t have an exact timetable for when he would be back in the ring, but it would happen “sooner than later” (read all of Matt’s comments here). Today, the WWE legend revealed that he has finally been “greenlit”:
No, I am not retired & not going to be retiring anytime soon. I’ve worked my ass off to rehabilitate & have physically been greenlit. My body is in the best shape it’s been in in years & I’m the lightest I’ve been in 20 years. https://t.co/XE1GzBP58A
— The BROKEN One, Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) January 20, 2019
At this time there’s still no word on when exactly we could see Hardy back in a WWE ring, but this is certainly exciting news for fans who thought his career was over.
EA’s Take: Sounds like everything went well and although there are going to be some fans who think he should just stay out of the squared circle, at the end of the day it’s his life. If Matt wants to keep going and feels he can still contribute without damaging himself further, I’m all for it. Random guess here, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him enter the Royal Rumble Match as a surprise entrant.