Check out the All Elite Wrestling rally!
- The proceeding kickoff with pyro as Conrad Thompson and Alex Marvez come to the podium hyping the crowd and introduce new AEW signings SoCal Uncensored
- Scorpio Sky, Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian plug their new shirt and discussed their big 2018, saying the only way to follow that up was by hopping on wrestling’s newest and hottest brand, then toss out shirts to the crowd with the Jacksonville Jaguars Cheerleaders
- Conrad & Alex bring out Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes next and he talks about how All In started a fire that they need to keep going, which brings them to today and how they look to change the world
- Cody says AEW will change the wrestling economy and will pay performers what they deserve. He also talks about how wins and losses will matter like never before in AEW
- Cody then brings out Co-Executive Vice Presidents The Young Bucks next. Matt talks about the goal of All In and how the event morphed their own goals, leading to them being approached by The Khan Family
- Matt says that AEW will welcome all talent no matter their race, sex or religion as long as you have elite talent, which leads to their next announcement that they have arranged to work with Oriental Wrestling Entertainment
- Matt wants to make another announcement, Cody and Nick debate who gets to reveal it before Nick finally proclaims Double Or Nothing will take place May 25th in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Conrad & Alex come back to the podium to bring out Chief Brand Officer Brandi Rhodes, who talks about her new position and the responsibility it brings, but she’s committed in bringing AEW to where they want
- Brandi talks about the number one question she keeps getting being about a Women’s Division, announcing that there will be one in AEW, but it will be a strong one. Brandi reveals she’s been speaking with talent around the world, most recently in Japan and there will be more info to come. She then announces there will be equal pay for the women with no sliding scale
- Brandi continues and announces they have found one female talent right here in the USA, bringing out Dr. Britt Baker. Britt thanks The Khans, The Young Bucks, Cody and Brandi, then talks about being one of the first athletes AEW signed, showing the company values all talents
- Conrad returns to the podium and gets interrupted by MJF who belittles Conrad and sends him away. He then introduces himself to the crowd and talks about getting the call to be here today making him happy until he learned it was in Jacksonville
- MJF talks about AEW not being able to call itself “Elite” without a fresh, young talent such as himself. The Jaguars mascot walks onto the stage and MJF tries telling him to leave, but Joey Janela cracks him from behind with a crutch
- Penelope Ford joins Joey Janela on the stage and ‘Bad Boy’ announces that in 2019 they will be “All Elite”
- Conrad & Alex are back and they tout how many people are currently watching before bringing ‘Hangman’ Adam Page to the stage
- Page talks about realizing today was his first day on the job and it was his favorite first day on the job because the fans are his boss. He says he will work harder than ever before to make AEW a success because the fans deserve it. He then talks about how working with Cody and The Young Bucks has made him hungry, stating that he plans to be the first AEW Champion in 2019
- PAC makes his way out and goes face-to-face with Hangman, says he’s got bad news for Page because he’s already a champion and he’s here in AEW, then PAC takes his leave
- Conrad & Alex are back again and Conrad teases another surprise before bringing Cody and The Young Bucks back up with the Jaguars Cheerleaders once again
- Cody says they had to come up with another announcement because Nick scooped them earlier, then reveals their second show will be in Jacksonville and a large portion of the gate will go to victims of gun violence
- Cody then says that was his last announcement and Conrad returns to close things out, but Chris Jericho makes his way to the stage
- Jericho states that he is “all in with All Elite Wrestling” and that he’s not here for the money because he believes in something different. He then says he will be at Double Or Nothing and he’s not here to just change the world, but the universe
Andrew’s WWE Raw Star Ratings (6/3/19)
Andrew gives you his immediate reaction to the June 17 WWE Raw with his star ratings! How many snowflakes did Andrew give?
The 6/17/19 WWE Raw is history, and here are Andrew’s ratings:
- #1 Contender for US Title Elimination: Bobby Lashley vs Cesaro vs Braun Strowman vs Ricochet vs The Miz: Ricochet wins via 630 Senton – ** ¼
- Viking Raiders vs Jobbers: Raiders win via Viking Experience – N/A
- 2 out of 3 Falls: The New Day vs Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin & Sami Zayn: New Day wins via Trouble in Paradise (2-0) – ** ½
- The Usos vs Gallows & Anderson: Usos win via Double Superkick – N/A
- Women’s Tag Team Championship: The IIconics (c) vs Nikki Cross & Alexa Bliss: IIconics retain via Roll-Up – * ½
- Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan: Rollins wins via Stomp – ***
- Top performers: Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins
- Total matches = 6
- Total snowflakes = 9.25
- Average = 2.31 (N/A ratings are not included in the average calculation)
Time to pick up a new Chairshot shirt!
Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle: Bray Wyatt On Raw, All Out Sold Out, WWE Talent News And More! (6/17/19)
News Involving Bray Wyatt On Raw, All Out Sold Out, WWE Talent News And More!
News Here! Bray Wyatt On Raw, All Out Sold Out, WWE Talent News And More!
Mike And Maria Re-sign With WWE
Last month in the shuffle, I discussed the news that Mike and Maria Kanellis had expiring contracts with WWE. Many of you discussed their potential jump to AEW on the Chairshot Facebook page. In what many are considering to be a bit of a shock, the couple has reach a long term agreement to re-sign with WWE, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. No contract terms were disclosed.
I am a bit shocked that they re-signed with WWE, and figured a move back to ROH or a jump to AEW seemed logical. While many, including myself, feel that WWE hasn’t done much with the couple, Mike Kanellis did have a substance abuse battle last year in which the company stood by him during his difficult time. Perhaps due to the loyalty the company showed then, and mostly likely a decent wage, were the reasons the couple chose to re-sign. What if Maria re-signed and Mike didn’t?
All Out Sold Out
In what must be considered great news for AEW, the All Out show sold out in less than 15 minuets. According to various outlets, ticket sites for the event have over 70,00 people in online waiting rooms waiting to purchase tickets. The Sears Center in Chicago will hold roughly 12,000 people for this event.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) June 14, 2019
It is great that the company has been so successful in ticket sales when WWE is hurting to sell tickets to Stomping Grounds. However, can the company sell out venues week after week for live television ? Not taking any credit away from the company, but many are comparing AEW ticket sales to WWE ticket sales. It is a little tough to be doing that when the company has yet to air a weekly product.
Bray Wyatt On RAW?
One of the most entertaining segments on RAW lately has been the Firefly Funhouse and Bray Wyatt. According to PWInsider, Wyatt is scheduled to appear on RAW during tonight’s episode.
Many agree that Wyatt has been the most entertaining segment of RAW. How they re-debut Wyatt will be key. My hope is is that the company finally does something with Wyatt, as Wyatt is money.
Latest On WWE Talent Exodus
Since the formation of AEW last October, it’s been almost weekly that we hear about someone leaving WWE to jump to AEW. According to Dave Meltzer, many inside WWE are turning down big money deals to potentially jump to AEW.
“They were just in town and everybody wants out. I won’t say everybody because that’s not fair. Roman Reigns doesn’t want out. But the amount of people who have contacted AEW would blow your mind,” Meltzer said. “There are people that are counting down the days. There are guys who have told me, including guys in AEW now, that they cannot believe that they turned the offer down [from WWE] but they did. I know people in WWE right now who are not interested in signing again and they can’t believe they are turning down the money.”
Let’s be honest, we are going to hear news of someone wanting to leave WWE daily. AEW isn’t going to, nor are they going to be interested to, sign every ex-WWE star. Many people that I had felt would have left WWE (Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Mike and Maria Kanellis) have re-signed with the company. You could make the argument for many of WWE’s stars jumping to AEW in order to add some life to their careers. Wrestling is one of the most unpredictable forms of entertainment as far as determining what talent will head where.