Alpha 1 Wrestling presented “Here We Go Again” on Sunday April 14, featuring “All Ego” Ethan Page vs. The MJF in a Dog Collar Match!
Alpha 1 Wrestling’s “Here We Go Again” event has been a storied process, with Davey Richards originally signed and cancelling on the company (again). Joey Ryan, Swoggle, and Brian Cage were last minute cancellations due to flight cancellations, but the company still delivered a strong show and only had to issue 4 refunds.
- Rickey Shane Page & Gregory Iron beat Retro Anthony Greene & Mark Wheeler
- Josh Alexander beat Danny Adams
- Outer Limits Champion Justin Sane retained his championship in a 9-person Gauntlet Match
- Zero Gravity Champion BMD won a 4-way elimination match over Trey Miguel, Cheech, and Kody Lane to retain
- Tag Team Champions Space Pirates (Space Monkey & Shane Sabre) (c) beat Lotus to retain, and were attacked by the suspended Savage Society afterwards
- Alpha Male Champion Kobe Durst beat Chris Dickinson to retain
- Dog Collar Match: Ethan Page beat The MJF
Results courtesy Alpha 1 Wrestling on Twitter.
— The Reject JT Kirk (@4Kirk4) April 14, 2019
NXT Minus 6: Moving Forward
What does the next era of NXT hold?
It’s WWE NXT: We’re moving on. We’re not bitter. We’re happy with what we have.
6. The WWE reeeeeally loves to screw with us. They spend weeks dumping on NXT then kick off a show with a 4.7 star banger?!?!?! Buddy Murphy is a big league striker. He packs a punch far above his weight class. Meanwhile, Velveteen Dream steals another victory. I like where they’re going with him. Shades of the Ultimate Opportunist. Living on the Edge of a Dream?
5. “Charlie Brown finally kicked the football.” Oh Mauro, sometimes you are just too good.
4. Dominik Dijakovic is in desperate need of a save. I have no idea what that promo was. Ancient Wicca prayer? Medieval magnet poetry? He is world class in ring and absolutely floundering on the mic. He’s so bad, it would be an upgrade if Io Shirai was his manager.
3. Speaking of promos, Johnny Champion adds another layer to his story. Johnny Smartass absolutely crushed Adam Cole on the mic. I know they said 2-out-of-3 would be definitive, but if we get Johnny Gargano-Adam Cole part 2 in HIAC or falls count anywhere, I’d find it in my heart to forgive them.
2. Shayna Baszler watches Dark Side of the Ring. She thinks it’s a comedy. She is PURE EVIL. She is as pure of a heel as there is. She is the anti-Ricky Steamboat.
1. I’m trying to overlook how poorly WWE handled Kairi Sane’s last NXT match. Instead, I am focusing on how much it adds to the inevitable Baszler-Io Shirai matchup. Shirai has improved in ring every time out, but she’s still anime nicey nice. It will be exciting to see her turn up the emotion and intensity and really look to hurt Baszler as payback for her best friend. This one could steal the show at the next Takeover.
That’s right…I said it.
Mcleod: Will We Ever Get The Lee vs. Dijakovic Rematch?
Will we ever see the anticipated rematch?
Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic tore the house down in their first WWE NXT encounter, and Scott Mcleod is eagerly awaiting the rematch–just like the rest of us!
Cast your minds back several weeks when we saw a short but physically impressive match between Keith Lee & Dominik Dijakovic. We saw Lee get monkey flipped only to land on his feet and Dijakovic hit a corkscrew plancha to the outside. The match unfortunately ended in a double count out but we were lead to believe this wasn’t over as they continue to brawl while refs try to pull them apart.
They were scheduled to face off on the episode where the 5 way to face Gargano took place and that was the focus of that episode. A week or so later Lee said they would settle their differences in two weeks time.Two weeks should have this week but Lee was nowhere to be seen. Dijakovic came out and beat an enhancement in record time before declaring his intentions to challenge for the North American Championship. Judging from this week it looks like they’re feud is done which is just a shame.
They teased us with what could be with that match several weeks ago. Two guys who have the size but can pull out incredible displays of athleticism. Put that on a takeover give them around 10 minutes between two title matches and they would tear the house down. It would be a shame to not see this match at least one more time in NXT. If a few weeks ago didn’t convince you then check out their match from the PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2017 which was rated 5 stars.
It would be something different to everything else on the card. If Dijakovic is set to challenge Velveteen Dream can we not not add Lee and make it a triple threat. Think of how good Dijakovic vs Lee was and add the Dream. Don’t tell me you don’t want to see that on a Takeover. They could have a good build as well. You have the charisma of Lee & Dream along with the intensity of Dijakovic. I need to see that now.
News14 hours ago
Matches Advertised Locally for WWE Extreme Rules In Philly
News19 hours ago
Chairshot Wrestling News Shuffle: CM Punk Returns? Chris Jericho, Wolfe To NXT UK and More!
Opinion2 days ago
NXT Minus 6: Moving Forward
News10 hours ago
Andrade, Zelina Vega, and Aleister Black Moved to WWE Smackdown