A look at the YouTube performance for the April 23rd edition of WWE Smackdown!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more).
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s RAW YouTube Report, compiled Wednesday morning, for the 4/23/19 edition of WWE Smackdown:
- Kofi Kingston vs. Shinsuke Nakamura / Kevin Owens attacks Kofi & Xavier Woods – 1.18 million views
- Shane McMahon & Elias attack on Roman Reigns – 865k views
- Lars Sullivan attacks Chad Gable, R-Truth, and The Singh Bros – 531k views
- Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair promo – 478k views
- Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley – 404k views
- Kairi Sane vs. Peyton Royce – 365k views
- Finn Balor vs. Andrade – 289k views
- Becky Lynch announcement (2 MITB title matches) – 221k views
- The New Day (with Kevin Owens) promo – 212k views
- Roman Reigns accepts Elias’ challenge – 191k views
- Aleister Black promo – 181k views
- Elias’ challenging Roman Reigns for Money In The Bank – 144k views
Ratings analysis appears after the ad – buy a shirt!
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at:
Greg DeMarco’s WWE Smackdown YouTube Ratings Analysis
Kofi Kingston and The New Day continue to dominate the top of Smackdown, and man does it feel good to say that. It’s good to see this act getting so much attention. The attack from Kevin Owens was a matter of when, not if. It happened here, and that’s our lone Smackdown video over a million views.
Roman Reigns and Shane McMahon are elevating Elias to the top of the Smackdown card, and that’s a good thing. Elias was part of the #2 video of the week with 865k views thanks to the Samoan Sex Machine and the Boss’s Son.
Biggest surprise for me was LARS. Lars Sullivan occupied the #3 position thanks to his brutal attack on Chad Gable, R-Truth, and the Singh Bros. He was followed by the women, who are in the midst of a resetting process but came in at #4, #5, #6, and #8. I think the Becky Lynch Fatigue is a real thing (article coming soon?), but the focus is there.
I am sad for Aleister Black bringing up the rear, as he is such a talented performer shifted to Smackdown because of someone else’s relationship. Let’s boost that video up now!
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?