Greg DeMarco’s look at the WWE Raw YouTube performance for the May 13th broadcast!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more). The weekly WWE Raw YouTube Performance Report is a look into that success metric.
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s WWE RAW YouTube Performance Report, compiled mid-day Wednesday (approximately 36 hours after Raw went off the air), for the 5/13/19 edition of WWE Raw:
- Bray Wyatt’s ‘Dark Secret’ Revelation – 2.039 million views
- Roman Reigns & The Miz vs. Bobby Lashley & Elias – 1.541 million views
- Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair & Lacey Evans Double Contract Signing – 1.002 million views
- Rey Mysterio vs. Cesaro – 851k views
- Braun Strowman vs. Sami Zayn – 764k views views
- Roman Reigns on MizTV – 531k views
- Nikki Cross Backstage Promo With Alexa Bliss – 327k views
- Natalya vs. Dana Brooke vs. Nikki Cross vs. Natalya – 273k views
- Video Package for Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles – 254k views
- Ricochet vs. Baron Corbin – 194k views
- Apollo Crews vs. Mojo Rawley – 170k views
- Seth Rollins Backstage ‘Backbone’ Promo – 164k views
- Cesaro Questions Rey Mysterio About Dominick – 158k views
- Braun Strowman vs. Sami Zayn Falls Count Anywhere announcement – 132k views
- Samoa Joe Promo On Dominick – 94k views
- AJ Styles Backstage ‘Bold Statement’ Promo – 79k views
- The Revival Promo on The Usos – 75k views
Ratings analysis appears after the ad – buy a shirt!
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at:
Greg DeMarco’s WWE Raw YouTube Ratings Analysis
Let’s take a look at the numerical analysis!
- 5/13 edition of Raw: 8.648 million total views across 16 videos
- 5/6 edition of Raw: 10.024 million total views across 17 videos
- 14% decrease for this week over last week
- 5/13 Top 5: 6.197 million views
- 5/6 Top 5: 5.633 million views
- 10% increase over last week
- 5/13 average: 508k views
- 5/6 average: 589k views
- 14% decrease over last week
Interesting results this week for Raw. Let’s start at the top: three videos above a million views, including Bray Wyatt passing 2 million views The Top 5 videos for Raw topped 6 million views total, a 10% increase over last week. Some of the usual suspects like Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, and Becky Lynch. We also see Cesaro coming in at #4, and other stars being elevated by the “backbone” stars like Lacey Evans, the aforementioned Cesaro (thanks to Rey Mysterio), Sami Zayn, and The Miz.
So the Raw Top 5 did so well, but we saw overall decreases in the YouTube views. Why? Because the bottom videos did not perform well compared to recent weeks. The #5 video this week was over 100k views lower than last week, and that trend continued. Just to take a few random snapshots: this week’s #7 pulled in half of the eyeballs as last week’s; #10 was less than half of last week’s, etc.
But that above paragraph makes sense. Raw’s TV rating was impacted by NBA basketball last week. Thanks to that, the YouTube views went up, so the “lower level” videos were more important as fans got caught up. With no NBA competition, Raw’s occupied the Top 3 spots for Monday on cable, so this week as many people didn’t need YouTube to find out what happened.
Two big shockers to me:
- Cesaro in the Top 5. Even if it’s due to Rey Mysterio, that’s why it’s called “getting the rub.”
- Such low views for the promos/videos for Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles
My favorite video…Dana Brooke reaching for that brass ring!
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?