Greg DeMarco’s look at the WWE Raw YouTube viewership for the May 20th broadcast!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more). The weekly WWE Raw YouTube Performance Report is a look into that success metric.
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s WWE RAW YouTube Performance Report, compiled mid-day Wednesday (approximately 36 hours after Raw went off the air), for the 5/20/19 edition of WWE Raw:
- R-Truth wins the WWE 24/7 Championship from Robert Roode – 1.764 million views
- Brock Lesnar Money In The Bank briefcase celebration – 1.674 million views
- Mick Foley introduces the WWE 24/7 Championship – 1.568 million views
- Seth Rollins & Kofi Kingston vs. Baron Corbin & Bobby Lashley – 763k views
- Lucha House Party attack Lars Sullivan – 700k views
- Becky Lynch, Nikki Cross, & Alexa Bliss vs. The IIconics & Lacey Evans – 678k views
- The Miz vs. Drew McIntyre – 467k views
- Firefly Fun House promo video – 454k views
- Braun Strowman vs. Sami Zayn – 398k views
- The IIconics & Lacey Evans interrupt A Moment Of Bliss – 383k views
- Shane McMahon promo on Roman Reigns – 365k views
- WWE 24/7 Champion Robert Roode hides backstage – 364k views
- AJ Styles slaps Baron Corbin backstage – 231k views
- The Usos vs. The Revival – 202k views
- Triple H informs Seth Rollins & Kofi Kingston that they’re teaming up – 184k views
- Ricochet vs. Cesaro – 161k views
- Nikki Cross gets herself a cohosting gig with Alexa Bliss – 142k views
- Samoa Joe backstage promo – 102k views
Ratings analysis appears after the ad – buy a shirt!
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at:
Greg DeMarco’s WWE Raw YouTube Ratings Analysis
Let’s take a look at the numerical analysis!
- 5/20 edition of Raw: 10.600 million total views across 18 videos
- 5/13 edition of Raw: 8.648 million total views across 17 videos
- +1.952 million views, 22% increase for this week over last week
- 5/20 Top 5: 6.469 million views
- 5/13 Top 5: 6.197 million views
- +272k views, 4% increase over last week
- 5/20 average: 588k views
- 5/13 average: 508k views
- +80k views per video, 15% decrease over last week
Let’s start at the top: three videos above a million views, with the top spot going to R-TRUTH AND ROBERT ROODE! Man, that’s a win for R-Truth and the new WWE 24/7 Championship. The Top 5 videos for Raw approached 6.5 million views total, a 4% increase over last week. The make up of the Top 5 was very different this week, with the aforementioned Truth and Roode, plus Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Seth Rollins, Kofi Kingston, and The Lucha House Party?!?!
Last week we saw a tremendous drop after the Top 5, and this week the lower tiered videos more than doubled those from last week. Nothing dipped below 100k views, where 3 did last week (we also had one more video this week, for 18 total). This weeks #6 video (just outside the Top 5) was over 100k higher than last week’s. That’s telling, as last week’s interest was more at the top of the card.
Raw’s TV rating went up this week. But it still dipped down in the Top 5. That didn’t seem to impact the distribution of the YouTube views this time around.
Two big shockers to me:
- The obvious…R-Truth and Robert Roode come in at #1!
- Cesaro follows up his Top 5 performance from last week with a 161k video this week, against Ricochet.
My favorite video…The Usos and The Revival crushing it!
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?