Greg DeMarco’s look at the WWE Smackdown YouTube performance for the May 14th broadcast!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more). The weekly WWE Smackdown YouTube Performance Report is a look into that success metric.
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s WWE Smackdown YouTube Performance Report, compiled overnight Wednesday night (a few hours more than 24 hours after Smackdown went off the air), for the 5/14/19 edition of WWE Smackdown:
- Roman Reigns & The Usos vs. Shane McMahon, Elias, Daniel Bryan & Erick Rowan – 1.203 million views
- Shane McMahon & Elias attack Roman Reigns & The Miz – 1.057 million views
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn attack Kofi Kingston – 601k views
- Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair history/feud video package – 384k views
- Finn Balor vs. Andrade vs. Ali vs. Randy Orton – 369k views
- Asuka & Kairi Sane vs. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville – 310k views
- Shane McMahon makes the handicap match – 111k views
- Lacey Evans promo for Money In The Bank – 82k views
- Ms. Money In The Bank promo – 56k views
- Aleister Black promo – 53k views
Ratings analysis appears after the ad – buy a shirt!
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at:
Greg DeMarco’s WWE Smackdown YouTube Ratings Analysis
No numbers comparison as I wasn’t able to compile last week’s videos. Roman Reigns delivered big time this week, with two videos both over a million views. Those were the only two videos to cross 1 million.
The overall views were down, much like Raw on YouTube this week. But Raw’s TV ranking improved, and it was not opposed by the NBA. That said, if you’re WWE you have to be happy with the performance of Kevin Owens and Kofi Kingston.
My favorite video…The IIconics on commentary!
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?