ROH & New Japan hit Chicago for a TV taping to end the War Of The Worlds Tour on Sunday!
ROH & New Japan War Of The Worlds TV Taping
Sunday, May 12, 2019 – Chicago
- ROH World Tag Team Championship: The Guerrillas of Destiny beat The Briscoes to retain in a match for Honor Club only
- Rhett Titus beat Rayo
- Flip Gordon beat Karl Fredericks
- Jeff Cobb promo where he challenges ROH World Champion Matt Taven, who comes out but walks away
- Silas Young wins a European wrestling exhibition against an unnamed opponent
- Kenny King beat Jay Lethal
- The Allure promo. Jenny Rose and WOH Champion Kelly Klein attack
- The Bouncers beat The Kingdom, Coast 2 Coast, and Clark Conners & Alex Coughlin
- Josh Woods defeated a local opponent
- EVIL & SANADA beat Satoshi Kojima & Yuji Nagata
- ROH World Tag Team Championship – Guerrillas of Destiny beat The Briscoes to retain
- NWA Womsn’s Championship – Allysin Kay beat Marti Belle to retain
- Bully Ray promo confronts Mark Haskins in the ring leads to a brawl between Lifeblood and Bully Ray & Shane Taylor which sees PJ go through a table
- NWA National Championship: Colt Cabana battles James to a draw to retain, The Briscoes attack Cabana afterwards, NWA World Champion Nick Aldis tries to help Cabana but gets laid out as well
- Hirooki Goto beat Hikuleo
- Silas Young beat the Squid
- Dalton Castle challenges Dragon Lee to a match at Best in the World, but is Castle is confronted by The Boys (he beats them up)
- WOH World Champion Kelly Klein & Jenny Rose go to the ring for a tag team match but are attacked by Allure, and the scheduled match never takes place
- Lifeblood members PJ Black, Mark Haskins, and Tracy Williams beat Ryan Nova, Cheeseburger, and Eli Isom
- Four Corners Match: Jeff Cobb beat Jay Lethal, RUSH, and PCO to earn a ROH World Championship Match
DeMarco’s WWE Raw YouTube Viewer Report (5/20/19)
Did R-Truth and Robert Roode really have the most viewed Raw YouTube video???
Greg DeMarco’s look at the WWE Raw YouTube viewership for the May 20th broadcast!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more). The weekly WWE Raw YouTube Performance Report is a look into that success metric.
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s WWE RAW YouTube Performance Report, compiled mid-day Wednesday (approximately 36 hours after Raw went off the air), for the 5/20/19 edition of WWE Raw:
- R-Truth wins the WWE 24/7 Championship from Robert Roode – 1.764 million views
- Brock Lesnar Money In The Bank briefcase celebration – 1.674 million views
- Mick Foley introduces the WWE 24/7 Championship – 1.568 million views
- Seth Rollins & Kofi Kingston vs. Baron Corbin & Bobby Lashley – 763k views
- Lucha House Party attack Lars Sullivan – 700k views
- Becky Lynch, Nikki Cross, & Alexa Bliss vs. The IIconics & Lacey Evans – 678k views
- The Miz vs. Drew McIntyre – 467k views
- Firefly Fun House promo video – 454k views
- Braun Strowman vs. Sami Zayn – 398k views
- The IIconics & Lacey Evans interrupt A Moment Of Bliss – 383k views
- Shane McMahon promo on Roman Reigns – 365k views
- WWE 24/7 Champion Robert Roode hides backstage – 364k views
- AJ Styles slaps Baron Corbin backstage – 231k views
- The Usos vs. The Revival – 202k views
- Triple H informs Seth Rollins & Kofi Kingston that they’re teaming up – 184k views
- Ricochet vs. Cesaro – 161k views
- Nikki Cross gets herself a cohosting gig with Alexa Bliss – 142k views
- Samoa Joe backstage promo – 102k views
Ratings analysis appears after the ad – buy a shirt!
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at:
Greg DeMarco’s WWE Raw YouTube Ratings Analysis
Let’s take a look at the numerical analysis!
- 5/20 edition of Raw: 10.600 million total views across 18 videos
- 5/13 edition of Raw: 8.648 million total views across 17 videos
- +1.952 million views, 22% increase for this week over last week
- 5/20 Top 5: 6.469 million views
- 5/13 Top 5: 6.197 million views
- +272k views, 4% increase over last week
- 5/20 average: 588k views
- 5/13 average: 508k views
- +80k views per video, 15% decrease over last week
Let’s start at the top: three videos above a million views, with the top spot going to R-TRUTH AND ROBERT ROODE! Man, that’s a win for R-Truth and the new WWE 24/7 Championship. The Top 5 videos for Raw approached 6.5 million views total, a 4% increase over last week. The make up of the Top 5 was very different this week, with the aforementioned Truth and Roode, plus Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Seth Rollins, Kofi Kingston, and The Lucha House Party?!?!
Last week we saw a tremendous drop after the Top 5, and this week the lower tiered videos more than doubled those from last week. Nothing dipped below 100k views, where 3 did last week (we also had one more video this week, for 18 total). This weeks #6 video (just outside the Top 5) was over 100k higher than last week’s. That’s telling, as last week’s interest was more at the top of the card.
Raw’s TV rating went up this week. But it still dipped down in the Top 5. That didn’t seem to impact the distribution of the YouTube views this time around.
Two big shockers to me:
- The obvious…R-Truth and Robert Roode come in at #1!
- Cesaro follows up his Top 5 performance from last week with a 161k video this week, against Ricochet.
My favorite video…The Usos and The Revival crushing it!
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?
AEW: Double or Nothing Match Card Order & Buy In Info
See what’s going down on Saturday in Vegas!
As the road to Double or Nothing ends. The wrestling fans express their excitement and voice about the up coming event. The event that will pave the way for All Elite Wrestling. A promotion that will display great promise to pro-wrestling. Refining the definition of what wrestling can be.
Match Card Order (subject to change):
Casino Battle Royale (The Buy In)
Sammy Guevara vs. Kip Sabian (The Buy In)
Aja Kong, Yuka Sakazaki & Emi Sakura vs. Hikaru Shida, Riho & Ryo Mizunami
Dr. Britt Baker vs. Kylie Rae vs. Nyla Rose
Best Friends vs. Angelico & Jack Evans
SoCal Uncensored vs. CIMA, T-Hawk & El Lindaman
The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes
Alpha Omega 2: The Best Bout Machine Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho
AAA World Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Lucha Bros.
Double or Nothing will take place on May 25, 2019, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Where to watch:
UK Audiences: ITV Box Office will begin on May 26, 2019, at 1:00 a.m. GMT.
US & Canada Audiences: Major Cable Companies PPV, FITE, Bleacher Report Live cost of $49.99
Fans and wrestling enthusiast around the world will tune in or attend the event. They will be an observer of the clash of two siblings. Witness an evolution of wrestling and martial arts. View women’s competition in an elevated fashion. Experience the artform and tradition of Lucha Libre at a global level. See an underdog compete for an opportunity to become a future champion. You will also bare witness to determine who is the alpha and the omega.
Photos courtesy of AEW.