Greg DeMarco chimes in with your WWE Raw Rating Analysis for the June 17th episode, the last Raw before Stomping Grounds!
The WWE Raw Rating is in for the June 17 edition, and it’s another tale of WWE dominating everyone not named NBA:
- Hour 1: 2.235 million viewers, .74 rating in the important 18-49 demographic (#1 ranked hour)
- Hour 2: 2.303 million, .71 in the 18-49 demo (#2 ranked hour)
- Hour 3: 2.078 million, .67 in the 18-49 demo (#4 ranked hour)
- 7% drop in viewership from Hour 1 (8 PM) to Hour 3 (10 PM); -157k viewers
For comparison, here are ratings from last week:
- Hour 1: 2.380 million viewers, .75 rating in the important 18-49 demographic (#1 ranked hour)
- Hour 2: 2.086 million, .65 in the 18-49 demo (#3 ranked hour)
- Hour 3: 1.909 million, .59 in the 18-49 demo (#4 ranked hour)
- 19% drop in viewership from Hour 1 (8 PM) to Hour 3 (10 PM); -471k viewers
(Available via ShowbuzzDaily)
But what does the WWE Raw Rating really mean, Greg?
So another interesting week for WWE Raw ratings. The show averaged more viewers this week, and had two hours higher in the Top 5, but is being spun as a worse rating around the internet. the ratings improved, the viewership drop from Hour 1 to Hour 3 improved, and Raw continued to deal with a really difficult summer.
One thing we can’t ignore is the impact of two major network shows on WWE, as The Bachelorette drew big numbers for ABC, and American Ninja Warrior did the same for NBC. Both aired from 8 PM – 10 PM, the first two hours of Raw. One is a reality show, and the other is a sports-reality show, both targeting an audience similar to Raw (whose audience isn’t–no matter how hard y’all try–wrestling fans).
This was a go-home Raw for Stomping Grounds, but it’s for a PPV that many aren’t at all excited about. One problem we don’t discuss enough is the over-saturation of the WWE product. It’s all-WWE, all-the-time, 52 weeks a year. That is another challenge facing WWE that can’t be overlooked. We will have YouTube numbers tomorrow as usual!
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at: