Greg DeMarco’s look at the WWE Raw YouTube viewership for the June 3rd broadcast–how many views for an arm wrestling match?
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more). The weekly WWE Raw YouTube Performance Report is a look into that success metric.
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s WWE RAW YouTube Performance Report, compiled mid-day Wednesday (approximately 36 hours after Raw went off the air), for the 6/3/19 edition of WWE Raw:
- Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley (arm wrestling match) – 4.905 million views
- Brock Lesnar’s attack on Seth Rollins – 3.424 million views
- R-Truth hid under the ring and escaped with the 24/7 Championship – 2.261 million views
- Triple H & Randy Orton promo – 1.455 million views
- The Undertaker promo – 915k views
- Bray Wyatt & The Fire Fly Funhouse (Do The Muscle Dance) – 782k views
- Rey Mysterio gives the United States Championship to Samoa Joe – 721k views
- Roman Reigns & The Usos vs. Drew McIntyre & The Revival – 683k views
- Seth Rollins (and Becky Lynch) transported to a local medical facility – 543k views
- Charlotte Flair vs. Lacey Evans – 499k views
- Lars Sullivan does Lars Sullivan things (and attacks the Lucha House Party) – 408k views
- Lacey Evans promo on Charlotte Flair – 308k views
- MizTV with The Miz and Seth Rollins – 240k views
- Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce – 222k views
- Ricochet vs. Cesaro – 197k views
- Shane McMahon promo on Roman Reigns – 194k views
- Baron Corbin promo – 67k views
Get your analysis after the ad!
WWE Raw YouTube Ratings Analysis – My Nerd Numbers
- 6/3 edition of Raw: 17.824 million total views across 17 videos
- 5/27 edition of Raw: 11.959 million total views across 16 videos
- +5.865 million views, 49% increase for this week over last week
- 6/3 Top 5: 12.960 million views
- 5/27 Top 5: 8.206 million views
- +4.754 million views, 57% increase over last week
- 6/3 average: 1.048 million views
- 5/27 average: 747k views
- +301k views per video, 40% increase over last week
Greg DeMarco’s WWE Raw YouTube Ratings Analysis – The Meaning
Raw’s YouTube numbers continue to dominate, with 4 videos over a million views as of Wednesday morning. These are WrestleMania type numbers, or apparently “almost as good as if not better than WrestleMania” type numbers. The Top 5 is where we saw the biggest jump, as The Undertaker’s promo was only good enough for fifth, and it still got 915k views. Shockingly, the arm wrestling showdown between Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley is nearing 5 million views. Brock Lesnar’s attack on Seth Rollins is nearing 3.5 million, and R-Truth’s weekly WWE 24/7 Championship video is over 2 million. The internet may not love it, but the top storylines headed into WWE Super ShowDown and the 24/7 Championship are really clicking with the casual audience.
You have to look all the way down to video #10 to get a true women’s focus (not counting Carmella’s involvement with R-Truth), and it was a really crappy match. Yet we have Ember Moon sitting around reading books on Smackdown after being moved in the Superstar Shake Up…that’s a miss.
My favorite video…R-Truth hiding under the ring!
What did the YouTube results for this week tell you?