In keeping with our Takeover tradition, let’s look at why everybody will win…and who will sing their NXT swan song.
6. Street Profits versus Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Titles
Why the Profits will win: The Profits called Undisputed Era, rightly, the best tag team in the history of NXT. They have to win to prove their victory at Takeover 25 was no fluke and they deserve to be where they are.
Why UndisputeDragon will win: This is the night the Undisputed Era goes home with all the gold.
5. Candace Lerae versus Io Shirai
Why Lerae will win: A woman scorned is a dangerous thing. Shirai turned her back on Lerae’s friendship. I don’t think she is looking for a victory as much as she is looking to kick some ass.
Why Shirai will win: Although she never won the title, Shirai did deliver some savage beatdowns on champ Shayna Baszler. There’s no reason to think she can’t do the same to the smaller Lerae. I’m hoping we get chair-enhanced moonsault from the Evil Genius of the Sky.
4. Velveteen Dream versus Pete Dunne versus Roderick Strong for the North American Title
Why Dream will win: Strong and Dunne have history. They might be so focused on each other that it allows the Velveteen Opportunist to sneak in and steal a victory.
Why Dunne will win: Pete has a taste for gold. His run with the NXT UK title was epic. He wants to show the world that he’s more than a big fish in a small, albeit growing, pond. And he wants to make life miserable for Strong.
Why Strong will win: This is the night the Undisputed Era goes home with all the gold.
3. Shayna Baszler versus Mia Yim for the NXT Women’s Championship
Why Baszler will win: Even though she doesn’t need help to stomp out a street rat, it doesn’t hurt to have Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke on her side. Those two want revenge and won’t let Baszler lose. I declare shenanigans.
Why Yim will win: You know what I said about Duke & Shafir interfering? Well, when those Keystone Kops do arrive, they’ll hand Yim the belt on a silver platter.
2. Adam Cole versus Johnny Gargano, 2 out of 3 falls for the NXT Championship
Why Cole will win: Stop me if you’ve heard this before. Tonight is the night Undisputed Era goes home with all the gold.
Why Gargano will win: Gargano needs this victory to cement his place in history. With every passing show, we will envoke the name Johnny Takeover and remember him as the best ever to grace a Takeover ring. Every wrestler who comes after him will be compared to the Heart & Soul of NXT…now and forever.
1. The final fall for Cole & Gargano will be Loser Leaves NXT. One man will receive the goodbye fitting of his accomplishments. It will either be the end of an Undisputed Era or the final chapter in the Gargano Fairy Tale. Have your tissues ready.