Back at it with the science! Matt gives us his ELO based Power Rankings!
Welcome to the third edition of The Chairshot’s Brainbuster Power Rankings for the week of 10/10- 10/16! We will be comparing the WWE (RAW and SDL), NXT (NXT and NXT UK), and AEW. Who has the biggest week?
These rankings are very much based on momentum, as well as strength of opponent, weighing out “power rankings” based on head to head scores. The highest differences of the week will be discussed here. Each week Greg and I will compare our lists giving The Chairshot two different types of power rankings!
Damian Priest +20 [85 Overall Score]
Damian Priest d. Pete Dunne, 10/16, NXT
1) This was a pretty big upset as the former Punishment Martinez brought the pain against former NXT UK Champion, the Bruiserweight Pete Dunne. The win was so impressive, Priest launched himself into the Top 10 for NXT, and put him in line for a future North American or NXT UK Championship match!
The New Day + 17 [35 Overall Score]
The New Day d. The OC, 10/11, WWE SmackDown on FOX
2) This entry shows how weak and predictable this week was in terms of power points. Almost everyone who won was favored and gained very few points. Considering the WWE is one of the only promotions without Six Man Tag Team Championships (and they should make some as soon as possible), this match was purely about bragging rights.
Baron Corbin +16 [64 Overall Score]
Baron Corbin d. Chad Gable, 10/11, WWE SmackDown on FOX
3) The former Constable, current King, Baron Corbin has been having an entertaining feud with Chad Gable since the finals of the KOTR tournament, honestly, it’s been a high point of the programming, in a month with a lot of terrible stuff. Their matches are athletic and they’ve been trading wins back and forth. Corbin finds himself creeping towards the Top 10, and a possible shot at AJ Style’s US Championship soon. Surprisingly, due to Gable’s win at Hell in a Cell, Corbin was actually the underdog here (50 vs 48), but that meant he had exactly a 50% chance to win. Last week, Gable found himself as a Runner Up, and this week Corbin is in the Top 5. Great stuff by both guys.
Imperium (Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel) +16 [33 Overall Score]
Imperium d. Burch & Lorcan, 10/16, NXT
4) I could reasonably see this match acting as an unofficial #1 contenders match to the NXT Tag Team Championships, after Burch & Lorcan had piled up some wins recently. Not much else to say about this match, as both teams were matched evenly on paper 17 to 16, making it anyone’s match. Aichner and Barthel have been on a roll recently.
Andrade +15 [-39 Overall Score]
Andrade d. Ali, 10/14, WWE RAW
5) For the first time, someone with a negative overall rating has made our Top 5! Andrade made an appearance on WWE television for the first time in a month defeating Ali in a great match between two men who have been through the desert on a horse with only one name. Andrade’s feud with Rey Mysterio seems like a distant memory, and the future father of Ric Flair’s grandchildren looked like he was positioning himself for a successful run on Monday Night RAW. He’s lost in the shuffle though, and there’s just so many people ahead of him that I can’t see him receiving any accolades anytime soon.
6t) AEW Champion Chris Jericho +15 [48 Overall Score]
6t) AEW Womens Champion Riho +15 [60 Overall Score]
7) #AndNEW SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley +14 [160 Overall Score]
Noticeably, few people picked up points to vault them into the Top 5 this week. Bayley’s win over Charlotte was actually expected based on the numbers, with a 56% chance to win (146 vs 103), as was the War Raiders win over The Glorious Showstoppers, who gained only 11 points in that win, so even though two championships changed hands, both challengers were statistically expected to win. I’m still waiting for that big upset in AEW to talk about someone in that company! So far everyone has maintained an even score. Check the rankings below to see.
WWE Top 10
Kofi Kingston 205 (-)
RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch 189 (+12)
+Universal Champion Seth Rollins 189 (+16)
Roman Reigns 165 (-16)
Bayley 160 (+14)
The Viking Raiders (tag) 149 (+11)
WWE Champion Brock Lesnar 129 (-)
Braun Strowman 126 (-)
+Buddy Murphy 114 (+12)
t-Ricochet 102 (+9)
+t-Aleister Black 102 (+13)
OUT: Charlotte (-26)
NXT Top 10
NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler 262 (-)
+Tommaso Ciampa 162 (+10)
Pete Dunne 129 (-20)
Velveteen Dream 122 (-)
NXT Champion Adam Cole 98 (-)
Rhea Ripley 91 (-)
Matt Riddle 87 (+12)
+Damian Priest 85 (+20)
KUSHIDA 70 (-)
Mia Yim 69 (-)
OUT: Johnny Gargano (unused), Street Profits (Drafted to RAW)
NXT UK Top 10
NXT UK Champion WALTER 172 (-)
Toni Storm 129 (-)
NXT UK Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray 102 (-)
Joe Coffey 94 (-)
Dave Mastiff 86 (+8)
Tyler Bate 84 (-)
Travis Banks 84 (-)
Jordan Devlin 73 (+13)
Jinny 70 (-)
Noam Dar 68 (-)
AEW Top 10
AEW Women’s Champion Riho 60 (+15)
AEW Champion Chris Jericho 48 (+15)
Cody 45 (-)
SCU (trio) 45 (-)
PAC 33 (-)
The Dark Order (tag) 33 (-)
Lucha Bros (tag) 32 (+15)
Jon Moxley 31 (-)
Private Party (tag) 16 (-)
+Ortiz & Santana (tag) 16 (+16)
OUT: Darby Allin (-15)
What did you all think? Stay tuned for more updates next week! What will next week look like? Follow The Chairshot on Twitter, Facebook, and #UseYourHead to find out!