Liz takes a historical look back on October 5th, featuring the first ever Hell In A Cell match and the crowning of the first ever Lucha Underground Champion!
Born on This Date:
- 1966 – Teri Runnels
- 1986 -Michael Paris (DJ Z, Joaquin Wilde)
- 1987 – Evan Adams
Elisa looks great in her Chairshot gear.
You can, too!
Be like Elisa and get yours at:
On This Day in History:
- 1982 – Judy Martin defeats Yukari Omori for the All Japan Pacific Title in Osaka, Japan. The belt had been vacated by former champion Jumbo Hori when she made the decision to challenge for the WWWA World Tag Team Title.
- 1996 – The AWF had its final series of title changes Cowboy Bob Orton defeating Tito Santana. Santana was granted a rematch due to interference and won. The company closed in December of 1996.
- 1997 – Brian Pillman was found dead in a hotel room in Bloomington, Minnesota just hours before WWF Bad Blood is set to air. He was just 35 years old.
- 1997 – WWF presented Badd Blood: In Your House. Vince McMahon announced the sudden passing of Brian Pillman. The show featured the first-ever Hell in a Cell match, the debut of Kane, and was the final PPV of Vince McMahon as the WWF’s lead commentator.
- Nation of Domination (Rocky Maivia, Kama Mustafa and D’Lo Brown) defeated The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal) in a handicap match.
- Max Mini and Nova defeated Tarantula and Mosaic.
- The Godwinns (Henry and Phineas) defeated The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) to win the WWF Tag Team Championship.
- Owen Hart defeated Faarooq to win the vacant WWF Intercontinental Championship. The title was vacated by Stone Cold Steve Austin after a neck injury forced him to vacate the title. A tournament was commissioned to crown a new champion.
- The Disciples of Apocalypse (Crush, Chainz, 8-Ball and Skull) defeated Los Boricuas (Savio Vega, Jesus Castillo, Jose Estrada, Jr. and Miguel Pérez, Jr.).
- Bret Hart and The British Bulldog defeated Vader and The Patriot in a flag match. The match could be won by pin fall, submission, or capturing their country’s respective flag. Hart pinned Patriot to win the match.
- Shawn Michaels defeated The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match.
- 1999 – Darren Drozdov was seriously injured following a botched powerbomb by D-Lo Brown. Darren would suffer two fractured disks in his neck as a result of landing on his head, an injury that initally left him a quadriplegic. He still requires 24/7 care.
- 1999 – Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara sign with WCW just days after quitting the WWE.
- 2000 – Juventud Guerrera was arrested following an incident at a hotel lobby in Australia. He was charged with three counts of assault, disorderly conduct, obstruction, and drug possession.
- 2001 – Vince Russo announced he would retire when his contract ended with Time Warner. At the time he was booking for World Wrestling All-Stars in Australia. Less than a year later he was signed with TNA.
- 2014 – Prince Puma last defeated Johnny Mundo in Aztec Warfare to become the first Lucha Underground Champion.
Died on This Date:
- 1997 – Brian Pillman
- 2006 – Antonio Peña