Bradley Jay is here with your NXT Minus 6 this week! NXT has its very own Poochie The Rocking Dog. All things to all people.
6. Watch Prime Target: Takeover Blackpool II. Amazing production. It’s a slow burn, with a dark & gritty feel to it. I’m a casual watcher of NXT UK, but this got me as pumped for Blackpool as any Takeover. Tyler Bate versus Jordan Devlin should be MOTY candidate. The women’s title match could steal the show. Piper Niven is the scorned friend. Toni Storm is on the edge of madness & Kay Lee Ray is loving life watching the other 2 destroy their friendship. Great story that I hope translates to in-ring magic.
5. I have finally cracked the Damian Priest code. He’s a priest with a bow & arrow who loves the New York nightlife & wants to live forever. And I don’t even know what to call that dance thing he does. He’s Poochie the Rocking Dog! He’s the kung fu hippie from gangster city. He’s the rapping surfer…you the fool I pity.
4. I know it’s only January, but we have a strong contender for Burn of the Year. Toni Storm, you don’t even go here. Send her big ass packing, Bianca Belair.
3. They call Candace LeRae a pint sized pixie. Isn’t that redundant and repetitious? I hope she gets a shot at the women’s tag team titles, because this Ricky Morton really needs a Robert Gibson.
2. It was a good start to the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. I love Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel. They need to win the NXT UK tag titles this Sunday at Blackpool, which should be an absolute ass kicker of a ladder match. That sets up a champion versus champion match against the Undisputed Era in the finals of the DRTTC, with the winner rightfully calling themselves the best tag team on the planet. Maybe even for all the gold?
1. The first That’s Why I Love Wrestling of 2020 goes to…Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic. Watching them do anything together is pure joy. They have convinced me that the best part of their day is when they are in the ring together. Friends. Foes. Doesn’t matter. The Fatal 4-Way match was great, 4.6 stars, and a big chunk of that was their work together. Yes, Mauro, more chemistry than a periodic table.