Greg DeMarco’s look at the WWE Raw YouTube viewership for the May 11th 2020 broadcast!
As we all know, social media and other outlets have become a huge means of drawing in interaction and viewers for WWE. Most people will point to television ratings like they did during the Monday Night Wars in the late 1990’s, however that can be skewed with so many various means of watching today that do not include cable television. As such, YouTube has joined social media as a metric as important to WWE as television ratings (if not more). The weekly WWE Raw YouTube Performance Report is a look into that success metric.
As you’ve become accustomed to, here is this week’s WWE Raw YouTube Performance Report, compiled Wednesday (about 36+ hours after Raw went off the air), for the 5/11/2020 edition of WWE Raw:
- Becky Lynch pregnancy announcement – 3.676 million views
- Randy Orton challenges Edge – 1.319 million views
- Rey Mysterio & Aleister Black vs. Seth Rollins & Buddy Murphy – 920k views
- Aleister Black attacks Buddy Murphy – 773k views
- Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade – 621k views
- Asuka promo – 494k views
- Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross vs. The IIconics – 450k views
- Ricochet, Cedric Alexander, & R-Truth vs. MVP, Shane Thorne, & Brendan Vink – 373k views
- Natalya vs. Shayna Baszler – 356k views
- Street Profits vs. Viking Raiders…in Basketball – 328k views
- MVP’s Offer to Bobby Lashley – 296k views
- The IIconics on A Moment Of Bliss – 284k views
- Bobby Lashley vs. Humberto Carrillo (No DQ) – 198k views
- Jinder Mahal begins a hero’s journey – 187k views
- Angel Garza vs. Akira Tozawa – 162k views
WWE Raw YouTube Viewership – Greg’s Nerd Numbers
- 5/11/2020 edition of Raw: 10.407 million million total views across 15 videos
- +5.174 million over last week, a 98% increase
- 5/11/2020 average: 693k views
- +320k over last week, an 85% increase
- 5/11/2020 Top 5: 7.309 million views (70% of the total views)
- +4.081 million over last week, a 126% increase
WWE Raw YouTube Viewership – Greg’s Nerd Analysis
Becky Lynch’s announcement was far and away above everything else, to no surprise. But last week’s top video was at 892k at the time of the writing, and that would have been 4th this week. Even without Becky’s 3.676 million, this week beats last week by 1.5 million views.
Becky’s #1 video accounted for 13% of the overall views, which is actually down from last week’s 15%. That’s how strong WWE views on YouTube rebounded for Raw this week. Drew McIntyre’s Champion vs. Champion match with Andrade finished at #5 this week, a drop for the champion who has been carrying the brand in the absence of Becky Lynch, Randy Orton, and Edge.
The big winner was Aleister Black, who had 2 videos in the Top 5, totaling 1.693 million views. Conversely, both of Bobby Lashley’s videos had a disappointing showing, sitting in the Bottom 5 and with less than a half-million total views.
What do these numbers tell you about Monday’s Raw?
Greg DeMarco is a life-long wrestling fan who has been providing analysis and perspective online since 2010. He’s also worked for various wrestling promotions including the NWA and Ring Of Honor, and currently promotes IZW Wrestling in Arizona.
* Homepage – http://thechairshot.com/gregdemarco
* Twitter – https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg
* Facebook – https://facebook.com/ChairshotGreg
* Instagram – https://instagram.com/ChairshotGreg
* Free Email Newsletter – https://gregdemarco.substack.com