This week on WWE’s NXT, Ricochet was set for action, but as the music hit for him to make his way to the ring, he was instead dragged out to the stage by The Undisputed Era. Of course, ‘The One and Only’ is scheduled to face Adam Cole at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV on August 18th for the NXT North American Championship. It now appears as if the reason for that angle was more than just to further their feud.
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Ricochet has been working through an unspecified injury, which is being described as a “tweak”, initially suffered at an NXT Live Event in Paris, France back on June 11th. While it’s not certain exactly what he’s dealing with, the ailment in question came during a match when Ricochet attempted an outside dive that missed its mark.
Ricochet has not competed for the last six weeks with his last match coming back at the United Kingdom Championship Tournament on June 26th when he teamed with Aleister Black to take on EC3 and The Velveteen Dream. Currently, it’s being said that he will be just fine for TakeOver: Brooklyn and is just taking some time off to heal up.
EA’s Take: Good thing all these people keep doing outside dives! In case you didn’t notice, that’s what we call “sarcasm”. We know there was a pretty severe injury at last night’s Mae Young Classic tapings due to an outside dive so the question has to be asked…is it worth it? In Ricochet’s case, you’ve basically made your career off of these types of maneuvers, essentially pigeon-holing yourself into that box where it’s expected on a nightly basis. Just, why? Why does there need to be an outside dive on EVERY damn show? They’ve been used to death and aren’t even exciting anymore in my eyes. Save those for big events or at the very least, something that’s televised. It’s just such an unnecessary risk that I will never understand. Meanwhile, people want to say stupid things like, “Well they shouldn’t have done all the Mae Young Classic tapings the way they did. Spread it out over three days to give them time to heal”. Are you friggin’ serious?!?
Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
WWE News: Who Was Added To The Women’s Royal Rumble Today?
All the names added to the Women’s Royal Rumble today!
As was noted yesterday, WWE announced that they would be revealing more participants in next Sunday’s Women’s Royal Rumble Match via Twitter today, with a new name being confirmed every thirty minutes (see the announcement here).
Up until today, only twelve entrants in the match had been revealed after Sasha Banks was removed since she will be facing RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey for the title that night. Here are all the names that were officially added today:
- Charlotte Flair
- Peyton Royce
- Billie Kay
- Dana Brooke
- Nia Jax
- Nikki Cross
This now leaves nine spots remaining in the Women’s Royal Rumble Match, giving plenty of room for surprise entries.
EA’s Take: I’m not sure why anything with wrestling fans surprises me anymore, but it’s amazing how much complaining there was that WWE was going to do this. A lot of people assumed they were going to release the rest of the competitors and not save any surprises, even though it was NEVER stated that they were going to do that. Personally, I thought it was a good idea to keep people paying attention to WWE’s Twitter on Championship Sunday in the NFL.
WWE News: Matt Hardy Says He’s Ready To Return, In Best Shape In Years
Matt Hardy gives a big update on his in-ring return!
It’s been a number of months now since WWE Superstar Matt Hardy was forced to step away from the ring after years of abuse on his body was beginning to show its affects with his pelvis beginning to fuse with his spine (read about that here).
Last month, Matt revealed in an interview that everything with his rehabilitation has gone “better than expected”, stating that he didn’t have an exact timetable for when he would be back in the ring, but it would happen “sooner than later” (read all of Matt’s comments here). Today, the WWE legend revealed that he has finally been “greenlit”:
No, I am not retired & not going to be retiring anytime soon. I’ve worked my ass off to rehabilitate & have physically been greenlit. My body is in the best shape it’s been in in years & I’m the lightest I’ve been in 20 years. https://t.co/XE1GzBP58A
— The BROKEN One, Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) January 20, 2019
At this time there’s still no word on when exactly we could see Hardy back in a WWE ring, but this is certainly exciting news for fans who thought his career was over.
EA’s Take: Sounds like everything went well and although there are going to be some fans who think he should just stay out of the squared circle, at the end of the day it’s his life. If Matt wants to keep going and feels he can still contribute without damaging himself further, I’m all for it. Random guess here, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him enter the Royal Rumble Match as a surprise entrant.