Following up on this morning’s news that NXT UK will be premiering on the WWE Network next Wednesday at 8PM BST (3PM EST in the US), WWE has issued a formal announcement that also reveals Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness will be your weekly commentary team:
LONDON, England and STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE today announced that NXT UK, a new weekly episodic series featuring the greatest male and female competitors from the U.K., will stream on WWE Network on Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 17 at 8 p.m. BT/3 p.m. ET.
The one-hour episodes will feature the biggest names from NXT UK, including Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Rhea Ripley, Toni Storm, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Wolfgang. Joining the NXT UK broadcasting team as backstage interviewer is British broadcasting personality Radzi Chinyanganya, best known for hosting ITV game show “Cannonball,” and in his ongoing role as a presenter of the world’s longest-running children’s TV show, the BBC’s “Blue Peter.” Calling the action are commentators Nigel McGuinness and Vic Joseph, joined by ring announcer Andy Shepherd and NXT UK General Manager, the legendary Johnny Saint.
“NXT UK is the next step in our global localization strategy, and we are proud to do this in a place where WWE has had a special relationship for more than 30 years,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative.
WWE Network is the home of NXT UK plus all WWE live pay-per-view events — including WrestleMania — for $9.99 per month. WWE Network also includes groundbreaking original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 10,000 hours of video on demand.
Upcoming live events for NXT UK take place in Plymouth and Liverpool on the following dates:
Saturday, Oct. 13 and Sunday, Oct. 14, at Plymouth Pavilions
Saturday, Nov. 24 and Sunday, Nov. 25, at Liverpool Olympia
Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
WWE News: Finn Balor Returns To Action At Tonight’s Live Event
Finn Balor was back in action tonight at WWE Live in Bakersfield!
Ahead of tomorrow night’s TLC pay-per-view in San Jose, California, WWE’s RAW roster was in action last night with a Live Event in Nashville, Tennessee (see the results here) and noticeably absent was Finn Balor, who hasn’t been seen since he was sent home early from last weekend’s South American tour.
Earlier today, it was reported that Balor had yet to be cleared from an illness (find that story here), as a number of WWE Superstars had come down with what sounds like the cold or flu bug (check out that story here). As for Finn’s scheduled match at TLC tomorrow night, it was speculated to possibly be in jeopardy since he had yet to be cleared for any physical contact.
However, it looks like all systems are a go for Balor tomorrow night, as he returned to the ring this evening as WWE is live in Bakersfield, California for another RAW Live Event:
— Joaquin Cardenas (@JoaquinDjfluffy) December 16, 2018
Balor was in action in a Triple Threat, facing Dolph Ziggler and his TLC opponent, Drew McIntyre. You can catch TLC live on pay-per-view or the WWE Network tomorrow night at 7PM EST, with the Kickoff beginning at 6PM. As always, you can follow along with the action right here on The Chairshot with Mitchell’s Live Report. Plus, join the conversation on Twitter with various members of the team (@theCHAIRSHOTcom).
*SPOILERS* Ring Of Honor Final Battle Fallout TV Taping Results (12/15/18)
Spoiler results from tonight’s Ring Of Honor Final Battle Fallout!
Now that Final Battle is in the rear-view mirror, Ring Of Honor was at the 2300 Arena (better known as the ECW Arena) in Philadelphia tonight to follow that up with their Final Battle Fallout television tapings.
Of course, the name of the event gives away what the show is all about after some big events at last night’s Final Battle (peep the results with today’s Daily DeMarco). Scheduled in advance of the tapings would be a Proving Ground Match as Luchasaurus looked to get a shot at the ROH World Television Title when he met the champion, Jeff Cobb. Plus, Zack Sabre Jr. against ‘Hot Sauce’ Tracy Williams, Juice Robinson versus PJ Black and more. Below are the results, which you can catch in the coming weeks on ROH TV:
- The Elite make their way out and announce tonight it will be Cody, The Young Bucks & Hangman Page taking on Best Friends, Flip Gordon & ROH World Champion Jay Lethal
- Internet Exclusive: The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas) defeated The Sons Of Savagery (Bishop Khan & Malcolm Moses)
- Proving Ground Match: ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb defeated Luchasaurus
- Jenny Rose & Sumie Sakai defeated Twisted Sisterz (Holidead & Thunder Rosa)
- Ian Riccaboni introduces Marty Scurll, Flip Gordon, Dalton Castle and Chris Sabin, explaining that all four have earned an ROH World Title shot and will battle in a Four Corner Survival Match for #1 Contendership. Matt Taven makes his way out and cuts a promo about being the real champ, which leads to ROH World Champion Jay Lethal coming out and security has to separate them
- WOH World Women’s Title: Kelly Klein retained over Nikki Adams, after the match Klein says all of her matches moving forward will have the title on the line. Jenny Rose makes her way out and challenges Klein to a Street Fight for the title in January, which is accepted
- Christopher Daniels comes out to cut a promo and says goodbye to Ring Of Honor. Joe Koff makes his way out and offers Daniels a new contract, but Shane Taylor attacks him from behind and rips it up
- ROH World Title #1 Contender’s Four Corner Survival Match: Dalton Castle defeated Chris Sabin, Flip Gordon & Marty Scurll, after the match Jay Lethal comes to the ring and shakes hands with Castle
- Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Tracy Williams
- Britt Baker & Madison Rayne defeated Twisted Sisterz (Holidead & Thunder Rosa)
- ROH World Tag Titles: The Briscoes retained over SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky), after the match Kazarian & Scorpio waved goodbye to the crowd
- Marty Scurll comes out for a promo and gets attacked by The Kingdom. They ask Marty where his friends The Elite are, Marty says they’re gone but he made new ones. The lights go out and come back on revealing Brody King, then off-and-on again to reveal PCO who are now going as Villain Enterprises.
- ROH World TV Title #1 Contender’s Tournament: Eli Isom defeated Facade
- Rush defeated TK O’Ryan, after the match the rest of The Kingdom hit the ring and attacked Rush
- Juice Robinson defeated PJ Black by DQ, after the match Juice cuts a promo about ROH and says fans will see much more of him there in 2019
- Shane Taylor defeated Mike Law, after the match Taylor cuts a promo about ambushing Christopher Daniels
- Colt Cabana interviews Flip Gordon in the ring about Final Battle, but Kenny King interrupts
- No Disqualification: Silas Young defeated Beer City Bruiser
- Villain Enterprises (Marty Scurll, Brody King & PCO) defeated Cheeseburger, Eli Isom & Ryan Nova, this originally was supposed to be for The Kingdom’s 6-Man Titles but Matt Taven would cut a promo telling Villain Enterprises to earn it first
- Honor Club Exclusive: Best Friends, Flip Gordon & Jay Lethal defeated Cody, Hangman Page & The Young Bucks, after the match Bully Ray comes out and says this will never be their house and leaves everyone laying along with The Briscoes, Silas Young and Shane Taylor
Results c/o PWInsider