Since WWE’s flagship program Monday Night RAW lengthened its broadcast time from two hours to three hours back in 2012, fans have gotten used to consuming three-plus hours of the show with RAW running past the 11PM hour on a weekly basis.
Unlike WWE’s other live show on the USA Network, SmackDown Live, RAW’s main event segment consistently has bled past 11PM and even gone as late as 11:15 in some cases, pushing back programming that is scheduled to follow instead of ending right on time. This was a concept that really developed during the Monday Night Wars, as WCW and the WWF would utilize their overruns as a means to try and give themselves an extra ratings boost.
However, that will finally be coming to an end for now as Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful reports that Monday Night RAW now has a “hard out” for 11:00. Meaning, the show must be off the air at its scheduled time and will no longer be running long. This also means that WWE will have to stick more closely to their format and will have less wiggle room if a segment in the show goes longer than it should.
Additionally, it’s been noted that this will begin with next Monday’s episode. Also, while it can’t be confirmed, it was also said that the decision was likely made by the USA Network and not by WWE.
EA’s Take: I don’t want to speak on behalf of anybody, but I think a lot of people will be just fine with this. I know I am. There’s no reason for RAW to run past 11:00 at this stage in the game. That’s consistently the lowest rated hour anyways (not that ratings matter that much if you follow our weekly reports). I mean, let’s keep it real here…you’ve got three damn hours to get all your stuff in and a lot of fans don’t even want the show to be that long. Let alone be three hours and five, ten, fifteen minutes.
Continue following TheChairshot for all the latest skull smashing opinion, news, reviews and so much more! @theCHAIRSHOTcom on Twitter
NXT UK TV Taping Results from Glasgow Night 2
Night 2 taping results, including the formation of a new stable!
See the results from today’s WWE NXT UK tapings!
Following on from the first night of taping in the Braehead arena in Glasgow how would WWE NXT UK continue the momentum from the previous night.
- Kenny Williams beat BT Gunn
- Walter, Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner cut a promo. They refer to themselves as Imperium. British Strong Style came out which leads to a mass brawl.
- Wolfgang & Mark Coffey & beat Carlos Ramero & A-kid
- Kassius Ohno beat Gentlemen Jack Gallagher
- Toni Storm beat Nina Samuels to retain the NXT UK Women’s Championship
- The Hunt beat Saxon Huxley & Tyson T-Bone
- Imperium beat British Strong Style thanks to interference from Alexander Wolfe
- Kay Lee Ray beat Kasey Owens
- Noam Dar beat Mark Andrews
- Grizzled Young Veterans cut a in ring promo furious about having to defend their titles at Download.
- Jinny & Jazzy Gabert beat Isla Dawn & Xia Brookside
- Travis Banks beat Joe Coffey, Dave Mastiff & Jordan Devlin to become the number 1 contender to the UK Championship
NXT UK TV Taping Results from Glasgow Night 1
See what happened at the tapings (night 1)!
Spoilers results from today’s NXT UK TV taping.
The first TV taping since Pete Dunne’s historic 600+ day reign was ended at the hands of Walter in New York. How would this change the landscape of NXT UK? We find out as they hold their first TV taping outside of England from the Braehead arena in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Kassius Ohno beat Oliver Carter
- Sid Scala comes on the big screen announcing there would be qualifying matches for a fatal 4 way to determine the number 1 contender for the UK Championship.
- Moustache Mountain beat The Hunt
- Joe Coffey beat Flash Morgan Webster to qualify for the 4 way.
- Nina Samuels beat Kasey Owens
- Walter beat Pete Dunne to retain the UK Championship with help from Aichner & Barthel.
- Piper Niven beat Jamie Hayter
- Jordan Devlin beat Ligero to qualify for the 4 way.
- Ilja Draganov beat Jack Starz
- On the screen we see Amir Jordan being taken to the trainers room.
- Xia Brookside vs Killer Kelly goes to a no contest when Jinny comes out with Jazzy Gabert. Kelly abandons Xia who is attacked by Jazzy.
- Dave Mastif beat Wolfgang to qualify for the 4 way. Gallus beat Mastif down after the match.
- Travis Banks beat Joseph Conners to qualify for the 4 way.
- Rhea Ripley cuts a promo saying the fans aren’t going to get to see her wrestle and she talks trash about Piper Niven.
- Grizzled Young Veterans beat Kenny Williams & Noam Dar to retain the NXT UK Tag Team Championships.
- After the match Gallus tease beating up Gibson & Drake but align with them to attack Williams & Dar. Moustache Mountain come out to make the save.Moustache Mountain, Kenny Williams & Noam Dar beat Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey & the Grizzled Young Veterans
Opinion1 day ago
Did Sasha Banks Overreact to Her WWE ‘WrestleMania 35’ Loss, or is The Boss on Point?
Opinion2 days ago
Carroll: Winners & Losers Of The WWE Superstar Shake-Up
News1 day ago
NXT UK TV Taping Results from Glasgow Night 2
News2 days ago
WWE NXT UK Results: TV Taping Spoilers (4/19/19 in Scotland)