Greg DeMarco presents a very special review of WWE Raw, on DVR! What will Greg watch, what will he FAST FORWARD, and how long will it take to watch a 3-hour Raw?
Daddy’s back with a special look at WWE Raw! As many of you know, I live on the west coast, and my version of YouTube TV gives me Raw on the west coast feed, so I watch it later. I also record it, so this is the DVR version. Enjoy the bullet points! I am keeping time on a stopwatch (on my phone), so you will get timestamps throughout the show, and I will try to throw in a real time comparison as well so you can see how much time I am saving when I FAST FORWARD!
This is an experiment, I hope you like it!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 0:00
Stephanie McMahon kicks the show off with Becky Lynch!
- No surprise here, Becky Lynch interrupts Stephanie. Becky’s entrance is one I won’t fast forward. Becky’s too hot for that.
- Even the crowd doesn’t buy Stephanie doing a big-time intro for Becky. We all know where this story is going.
- Stephanie McMahon is horrible at “fake sympathy.”
- Becky refusing medical treatment is so logical, I love it. She already lost one opportunity thanks to injury. And in her face you can see it—she’s hurt and could lose it. DO YOU NOT SEE HOW GREAT THIS STORY IS???
- Steph hasn’t had to struggle? Listen to a Bruce Prichard podcast, you’ll see how hard Vince McMahon was on his kids. Hell, it drove Shane out!
- Someone forgot to tell Portland that the YES chants are over now. Over as in done, not over in wrestling terms.
- ADAM PEARCE SIGHTING!
- Becky attacking Steph wasn’t as involved as Twitter made it seem, but it worked. We still have two months to go!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 11:55
FAST FORWARD COMMERCIALS!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 12:15
Becky Lynch is shown the door, but just so happens to see Ronda Rousey
- I have no idea why Becky didn’t punch Ronda is in the face.
- I actually LOVE Ronda talking about selling a PPV. That was a huge deal in UFC, and this makes their match feel like a real fight.
- “Ice and Advil, bitch!” is a great line.
RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Liv Morgan
- FAST FORWARD Ronda’s entrance.
- Liv Morgan is vastly underrated, in so many ways.
- The stomach punch was fantastic.
- Short but effective.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 15:47
RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Sarah Logan
- Ronda acknowledges the boos, and I am here for it. There are no faces and heels.
- Liv Morgan still selling the arm!
- FAST FORWARD the commercials!
- Ronda has done a hell of a job adapting the UFC style to a WWE ring. She truly gets better with each outing.
- Does Ruby want some?
- Smart move…save that match. Elimination Chamber, maybe?
- Ruby Riott is a terrible Gorilla Position promo.
- And Dasha Fuentes is no Charly Caruso. Seriously.
Here comes Heavy Machinery and it’s time to FAST FORWARD!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 21:59 (show time, 33:39)
- Miranda Morales will be much happier about Sasha Banks’ hair tonight. Oh, and about Bayley, too.
- No one can believe Nikki Cross & Alicia Fox will win this match. NO ONE.
Fatal 4-Way: The Revival vs. Lucha House Party vs. B-Team vs. Heavy Machinery
- Curtis Axel, still NEVER ELIMINATED!
- I give Michael Cole credit for acknowledging that this idea was stolen from Smackdown.
- Bobby Roode & Chad Gable, much like The Miz and Shane McMahon, watch on a TV backstage.
- Heavy Machinery is the Bayley of the tag team division. Great for the kids, always has a place on the roster, occasionally in the mix.
- OTIS looks so lost! At least Heavy Machinery understands their place on the roster.
- FAST FORWARD the commercials!
- At least we didn’t miss any eliminations.
- The Revival are so damn good.
- Oh, there’s Roode and Gable again!
- Lince Dorado is crazy underrated.
- Why does Otis “call this the Caterpillar?” Caterpillars don’t do that! Is it because Caterpillar is a machinery company?
- Oh, so it wasn’t elimination? Raw, the three-hour show, gets a one-fall match, but Smackdown, the two-hour show, gets an elimination match?
- At least The Revival won!
Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder are backstage!
- Curt Hawkins apparently forgot how long Zack Ryder has been off of television.
- These two losers are making six-figure salaries, and Ryder is hooked up with Chelsea Green.
- Could Hawkins & Ryder be a WrestleMania story?
Kurt Angle has a conversation with Apollo Crews!
- I really hope we see Apollo again tonight. That pose down was fantastic.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 34:49
Kurt Angle is here!
- I didn’t FAST FORWARD the entrance, mainly because I was catching this report up.
- But I will FAST FORWARD Kurt’s promo until someone interrupts!
- Oh, it’s Baron Corbin. He sucks.
- Blah blah blah blah? That’s what we say to YOUR promos, Baron Corbin Sucks?
- Wrap this up? That’s ALSO what we say to you!
- FAST FORWARD to Drew McIntyre
- I feel like Drew deserves better, but if he’s the guy to retire Kurt Angle? I am okay with that.
- Telling a crowd to “shut your mouths” is so effective.
- Oh yay, Braun The Novelty Act is here!
- I imagine we’re seeing this tag team match later?
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 40:21
FAST FORWARD commercials, highlights, and more!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 41:11 (real time 1:12)
Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Nikki Cross & Alicia Fox
- Pre-match attack, eh? DIdn’t see that one coming. (Seriously)
- Michael Cole tells us that Sasha hasn’t moved while Sasha is moving.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 43:38
FAST FORWARD commercials
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 43:51
Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Nikki Cross & Alicia Fox (for reals this time)
- And we come back from commercial with Bayley in full control of the match, because of course we do.
- How long before Vince McMahon realizes Nikki Cross & OTIS are comedy gold together?
- Renee Young totally fangirling for Sasha & Bayley is funny.
- “They have to earn it, just like everyone else.” Except anyone on the Smackdown roster! They just declare for the match.
- “We know how Sasha’s ego is fragile.”
- Alicia Fox just chopped Bayley’s um…pelvic…area.
- BTW, we have Sasha—heel—teaming with Bayley—face—against Nikki—face—and Alicia—heel. Don’t tell me the alignment isn’t dead.
- And Bayley wins. SHOCKED.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 49:49
FAST FORWARD through the commercials!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 50:18 (real time 1:30)
Apollo Crews promo
- Why do we have Apollo, Drake Maverick and Razar promoing about Kurt Angle’s match in 2019?
The Road Dogg does NOT make me FAST FORWARD!
- Excuse me while I mark out like an Attitude Era mark again. “PORTLAND, OREGON…WELCOME TO THE DAWG HOUSE!”
- Lol James didn’t even bother to day “former.”
- Now I will FAST FORWARD Jeff Jarrett’s entrance, but I am happy we finally got With My Baby Tonight!
- “HELLO I AM ELIATH!” he had to say it a few times, but finally got everyone’s attention.
- “Shouldn’t you be on Smackdown tanking their ratings? You gotta come to Raw and ruin that, too?”
- So the fans chant with Elias, he’s a babyface, right? NO! Those don’t exist anymore.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 58:12
FAST FORWARD the commercials!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 59:25
Jeff Jarrett vs. Elias
- Really tempted to FAST FORWARD this match, but I expect it to be short.
- I did indeed FAST FORWARD and came back just in time to Drift Away.
- Road Dogg attacks Elias? WHAT?!?!
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the guitar doesn’t break. Did they forget to remove the reinforcement?
- One thing I love is that Road Dogg is the true star here, way more than Jeff Jarrett. The winners get to write history, folks!
Dana Brooke apologizes to Natalya
- I’m sure this is leading to something, but it sucks.
- Did Nattie get some injections in her face or something?
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 1:03:28
FAST FORWARD commercials, earlier tonight, commentators, etc.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 1:04:01
Finn Balor is with Charly Caruso!
- He’s tough, just like Becky Lynch. Watch out, you might get suspended!
Finn Balor vs. Intercontinental Champion Bobby Lashley
- #FinnBalorsDick is NOT SHOWN because we need to see Royal Rumble stills. Sorry Miranda. Missed opportunity for me to FAST FORWARD.
- Oh god more hightlights? FAST FORWARD.
- Lio Rush looks like he’s ready to join New Day with those tights.
- Unpopular take: Lio Rush should voiceover the opening video for WrestleMania 35. Fight me!
- Bobby is talking??? Isn’t that why he has Lio? I guess today was our reminder as to WHY Lio Rush is with Bobby Lashley.
- Ok let’s just get to Finn vs. Lio.
- And Lashley still attacks Balor. Why not, eh?
- The ref should have just rang the damn bell and given Finn his shot anyway.
Finn Balor vs. Intercontinental Champion Bobby Lashley Lio Rush
- I wonder how many people are wondering why the Man Of The Hour has the word Moth on his tights?
- And Lashley is kicked out as we FAST FORWARD the commercials!
- Looks like we got back just in time for the finish—NO! Lio is too quick.
- I can’t remember the last time a crowd popped for an Abdominal Stretch. Thank you, Portland.
- Lio Rush is honestly fantastic.
- Balor wins, and this match was probably better than Balor vs. Lashley would have been.
- Renee has become the WWE’s most annoying announcer.
- Why is Finn laughing at his opponent after a win? That’s right—BECAUSE FACES AND HEELS DON’T EXIST ANYMORE!
- Balor is hurt, but can still do the Balor Arms and flex!
- Oh, back to selling.
And here’s Paige!
- Paige is gorgeous.
- But I am going to FAST FORWARD the trailer, and commercials.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 1:17:51 (real time 2:20:19)
Moment of Bliss with Alexa Bliss and EC3
- We’ve officially saved over an hour of time!
- Isn’t EC3 already in WWE if he’s appearing on Raw and Smackdown? Hell, NXT is part of WWE!
- Remember when Alexa was topless in the lockerroom, and I praised her for not using her sexuality? Well that’s over now, and I am here for ECBLISS. (It’s okay, she really likes him. Totally really.)
- FAST FORWARD Nia Jax!
- “He loves a good talk show!”
- Alexa Bliss’s reaction to be interrupted is priceless.
- “How dare you interrupt my interrupt.”
- “I don’t want to be out here any more than you want me to be out here.”
- THIS Dean Ambrose is the best, especially since his wife is on commentary.
- “Where are EC 1 and 2?”
- EC3 throws a hell of a worked punch!
— Greg DeMarco (@ChairshotGreg) February 5, 2019
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 1:25:32
FAST FORWARD the commercials!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 1:25:51
EC3 vs. Dean Ambrose
- So EC3 can talk!
- Have a mentioned how glad I am that they let him keep the EC3 name? Maybe we’ll get Dixie Carter some day!
- Why is the McMahon family still trying to “determine which brand they’ll be on?” I feel like there’s a better story there and they’re simply not telling it.
- Jackknife cover gets three! Ambrose didn’t even try to kick out. I really wish Alexa Bliss had interfered on EC3’s behalf.
FAST FORWARD Kurt Angle!
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 1:29:59
You do not FAST FORWARD Mojo Rawley!
- I don’t care what any of you think, I love Mojo talking to the mirror. Don’t @ me.
- Seriously, this man has talent.
FAST FORWARD the entrances!
Kurt Angle & Braun The Novelty Act vs. Drew McIntyre and Baron Corbin Sucks
- FAST FORWARD the commercials!
- I think I need to start calling Kurt Angle Kurt The Ram, because that’s how he makes me feel.
- FAST FORWARD the restholds
- How is this the main event?
- Kurt Angle was dead weight for that Angle Slam by Drew McIntyre.
- HERE COMES NOVELTY!
- Nostalgia & Novelty is a great working name for this Braun & Angle tag team.
- Maybe they can beat The Revival next week!
- Baron Corbin is like an invitation to FAST FORWARD.
- I love Drew McIntyre, but he’s the only reason I am don’t FAST FORWARD even more here.
- That’s the dumbest disqualification ever. But it ended this match, which makes me happy.
- I am pretty sure Angle hit his fucking head on the stairs. Seriously, RETIRE!
- I can only hope that Kurt’s WrestleMania match is limited to a six-man tag of some kind involving Strowman, Corbin (yeesh), McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, and maybe Jinder?
- Raw ends with Kurt Angle—this is a real story now.
#RAWisDVR timestamp: 1:40:01 (real time 3:00:00)
Time saved: 1 hour and 20 minutes!
What did you think? Should #RAWisDVR be a thing moving forward? Do you want to see #SmackdownTaped tomorrow night?
Cook’s 2021 AEW Dynamite Awards Preview
Steve Cook is here to preview the 2021 AEW Dynamite Awards?!?! Check it out, you won’t be disappointed.
Steve Cook is here to preview the 2021 AEW Dynamite Awards?!?! Check it out, you won’t be disappointed.
It’s Awards Season! Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like pro wrestling has more awards with each passing year. In addition to the Wrestling Observer, 411mania & countless other media outlets presenting awards, promotions do their own as well. WWE has the Slammys & the NXT Year-End Awards. Impact Wrestling has had their own awards since around the start of their company.
It only makes sense for AEW to add themselves to the mix. I’m a little confused by the Dynamite Awards, only because some of the moments nominated didn’t take place in 2020. Some of the late 2019 stuff was included here, which I suppose was in the interest of fairness because early 2020 would have been too soon to do awards. Still kinda off, but this will take care of itself in 2022. Probably.
Let’s take a look at this year’s AEW Dynamite Awards! I’m going to tell you who should win and who will win, so you can win your AEW Dynamite Award pool. I don’t know if people will be betting on these things, but just in case they are, here’s some help!
Best Moment on the Mic:
MJF Campaign Speech “We Deserve Better”
Cody Rhodes Accepts Mr. Brodie Lee’s Dog Collar Match Challenge
Jon Moxley “Accepts” The Inner Circle Invitation From Jericho
Brandi Rhodes Confronts Jade Cargill
Orange Cassidy Debates With Chris Jericho
Who Should Win: Orange Cassidy Debates With Chris Jericho
Honestly, one of the biggest travesties committed by the selection committee is the lack of Eddie Kingston in this category. Completely ridiculous. That being said, there aren’t any duds listed here. Brandi’s inclusion probably gets some heat from people, but her going off on Jade was tremendous. Orange’s performance against Jericho in the debate was some pretty good stuff & showed a different side of Mr. Cassidy than we’re accustomed to seeing. I’d give the award to him.
Who Will Win: Orange Cassidy Debates With Chris Jericho
We’re talking about Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s Most Popular Wrestler of the Year here, along with the Demo God. Their star power carries them to the top of the polling.
Matt Hardy’s Debut
Jake “The Snake” Roberts Confronts Cody Rhodes
Brodie Lee Arrives As The Exalted One
Sting’s AEW Debut
Miro Revealed As The Best Man
Who Should Win: Jake “The Snake” Roberts Confronts Cody Rhodes
Your vote here will largely depend on your fandom of the wrestler involved. Matt Hardy fans will vote for Matt Hardy. Fans of underutilized WWE talent may go for Brodie or Miro. Sting’s popularity speaks for itself. For me, it goes back to Jake The Snake being my first favorite professional wrestler. Seeing him again, especially seeing him over the issues that had plagued him for decades, was a tremendous moment.
Who Will Win: Sting’s AEW Debut
“IT’S STING!” is all that needs to be said here.
The Inner Circle Jumps Orange Cassidy
The Dark Order Attacks the Nightmare Family
Nyla Rose Puts Riho & Shida Through Tables
Brian Cage Sneak Attack On Jon Moxley
The Nightmare Family And Inner Circle Brawl
Who Should Win: The Dark Order Attacks The Nightmare Family
Brodie Lee’s destruction of Cody to win the TNT Championship really put Dark Order on the map as a force to be reckoned with. My favorite part of the beatdown: we didn’t see all of it. Dustin Rhodes & QT Marshall were drug out from the back, explaining why they didn’t come out to help Cody earlier. Arn Anderson took some shots like a champ, and Brandi got choked out by Anna Jay. By the time the old TNT belt had been deposited on Cody’s carcass, the message had been sent loud & clear.
Who Will Win: The Nightmare Family And Inner Circle Brawl
This fight had a little bit of everything. MJF as a good guy. Cody smashing a window. Diamond Dallas Page looking like he could make one more run. Dippin’ Dots. Chris Jericho screaming about how he had a ticket. A hot crowd. What’s not to like?
Who Should Win: Rey Fenix
All four of these guys are insane, but nobody brings the insanity like Fenix. That guy just doesn’t care as long as he does as many flips as humanly possible. He & Penta were deserving winners of most web sites’ Most Underrated award, maybe he’ll get some recognition here.
Who Will Win: Nick Jackson
Fenix & Pac split the vote of Death Triangle fans, enabling Nick to ride the support of Elite fans to the crown.
Hardest Moment To Clean Up After:
Orange Cassidy Drops OJ on Inner Circle
Parking Lot Brawl
Big Swole Dumps Garbage On Dr. Britt Baker
Who Should Win: Orange Cassidy Drops OJ On Inner Circle
The Parking Lot Brawl is my favorite moment on the list, but the damage was largely contained to the parking lot. Big Swole’s garbage ended up in Dr. Baker’s Popemobile, not scattered all over the place. The Bunkhouse Match went everywhere and definitely deserves consideration, but the OJ incident resulted in a ruined suit & ring canvas. Definitely tough to get that stuff out.
Who Will Win: Parking Lot Brawl
People get a chance to vote for this, they probably will. Orange is represented in this one too, so it’s all good.
Biggest WTF Moment:
Cody Moonsaulting Off The Steel Cage
Sammy Guevara Is Hit By The Golf Cart
The Young Bucks Frog Splash Off The Stadium Railing
MJF Lashes Cody Rhodes
Bloody Dr. Britt Baker vs. Hikaru Shida
Kenny Omega Wins AEW World Championship and Walks out of AEW
Who Should Win: Sammy Guevara Is Hit By The Golf Cart
I am the golf cart.
The dumb "AEW needs to stop pushing ex-WWE guys!" arguments are Sammy Guevara. pic.twitter.com/ol2y9Qkzya
— Andy H. Murray (@andyhmurray) May 7, 2020
All these moments definitely had an element of craziness, but they all pale in comparison to Sammy getting hit by the golf cart. Like, who willingly does that? Definitely something people shouted “WTF?” at.
Who Will Win: Kenny Omega Wins AEW World Championship and Walks out of AEW
We certainly saw some funny business coming when Don Callis started appearing to call big Kenny matches. Nothing quite like what we’ve gotten, where AEW is regularly making their presence felt on Impact Wrestling’s AXS TV show while Omega & Callis have joined forces with the Good Brothers to re-live their New Japan glory days. Recency bias & the general craziness of AEW & Impact crossing over make this a solid pick.
Jericho & MJF: Le Dinner Debonair
Dr. Britt Baker Waxes Tony Schiavone
Young Bucks Super Kick MJF Into Cruise Ship Pool
The Inner Circle Las Vegas Trip
Who Should Win: The Young Bucks Super Kick MJF Into Cruise Ship Pool
— All Elite Wrestling on TNT (@AEWonTNT) January 25, 2020
I’m a simple man. Anytime somebody gets thrown into a pool on a wrestling show, I laugh and cheer. As creative as Jericho & MJF’s musical number was, and as crazy as that Vegas trip was, and as much as I love Britt & Tony’s chemistry together, give me the classics every time. Man gets thrown into pool. Simple, yet effective.
Who Will Win: Jericho & MJF: Le Dinner Debonair
MJF needs another plaque honoring his musical performance to carry around. As Owen Hart & Scorpio Sky could tell you, one trophy is always better than two.
Best Twitter Follow:
Dr. Britt Baker
Who Should Win: MJF
Dude just talks shit about everybody under the sun. Even Negative One, for heaven’s sake!
Who Will Win: Orange Cassidy
Twitter was made for people like Orange, who have no problem keeping their thoughts under 140 characters. I’m also good at it!
Breakout Male Star:
Who Should Win: Eddie Kingston
I can make a really good argument for every single nominee. We’ve already seen Orange’s name pop up a few times here, it’s no secret that he had an outstanding year. Darby is the current TNT Champion and has proven his worth every time we’ve seen him in the ring. The Brian Cage match took place after voting started, but it was evidence of why Allin deserves to win an award like this, and deserves his spot as TNT Champion and the man that Sting has chosen to carry on his legacy. Don’t get me started on Johnny Hungiee, once he started showing his personality on Being The Elite, everybody fell in love with the guy.
Eddie Kingston only went from needing to sell his wrestling boots to pay the rent to being one of AEW’s brightest stars. Those of us who were familiar with his work in the indies or in Impact wrestling knew about it. All Eddie needed was a chance, and he’d take care of business. That’s exactly what he did, and he’ll be in AEW as long as he wants to be.
Who Will Win: Darby Allin
It’ll be well-deserved, too. Nobody can deny that Darby brings it every time he’s out there. The man might be 170 pounds fully clothed with some chains, but his toughness and inability to quit can’t be denied.
Breakout Female Star:
Who Should Win: Anna Jay
Anna had less than ten matches before getting on AEW television, and she immediately proved that she belongs. She can only get better in the ring, and she already performs at an acceptable level. Her only weakness? She always corpses when John Silver is being peak John Silver. I can’t really blame her for it.
Who Will Win: Hikaru Shida
I mean, she is the AEW Women’s Champion. Which is at least the second most important championship in the women’s division. It’s no fault of Shida’s, she does good work, but I don’t really see that connection between her and the audience.
Bleacher Report PPV Moment of the Year:
Jon Moxley Wins AEW World Championship
Shida Wins AEW Women’s World Championship
Kenny Omega & Adam “Hangman” Page Defeat The Young Bucks
Darby Allin Defeats Cody Rhodes For TNT Title
Young Bucks Win AEW World Tag Title
Who Should Win: Jon Moxley Wins AEW World Championship
Tons of good contenders here, but it’s tough to argue against Mox knocking off Le Champion at Revolution. He was the right man to take the title from Chris Jericho at the right time, and few champions could have carried AEW through this weird year like Moxley did.
Who Will Win: Stadium Stampede
I think the multi-man clustermess has the best chance of garnering the most votes. It was certainly one of the most unique offerings from AEW in 2020.
Will the AEW Dynamite Awards be a unique offering? Tough to say, but you can find out by streaming the show on BR Live next Wednesday! You can also find out how right I was on every single award. It’s a gift.
Andrew’s Top 5 Matches: Week Ending 1/17/2021
Now since this week isn’t full of big events, the list should be a little more interesting. Let’s see what made the Top 5 and if it’s close to last week’s quality!
Last week kicked things off hot and heavy, and as expected; we cooled down a little this week. Still some fun matches, but nothing should really be competition for last week’s list.
Speaking of that list, all 6 matches had some support, and that’s really nice to see. However, there has to be a winner, and by only a couple of votes; Wrestle Kingdom Night 1: Will Ospreay vs Kazuchika Okada, won the popular vote!
So let’s see what matches we get to possibly add to the January pool!
Quick Top 5:
- NXT UK: NXT UK Championship: Walter (c) vs A-Kid
- Hard to Kill: Kenny Omega, Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs Moose, Rich Swann & Chris Sabin
- Hard to Kill: Barbed Wire Massacre: Sami Callihan vs Eddie Edwards
Rating: *** 3/4
- NXT: MSK vs Isaiah Scott & Jake Atlas
Rating: *** 1/2
- Hard to Kill: X Division Championship: Manik (c) vs Rohit Raju vs Chris Bey
Rating: *** 1/2
- IMPACT!: Rich Swann vs Karl Anderson
Rating: *** 1/2
- AEW New Year’s Smash Night 2: TNT Championship: Darby Allin (c) vs Brian Cage
Rating: *** 1/4
- Hard to Kill: Knockouts Championship: Deonna Purrazzo (c) w/Kimber Lee & Susan vs Taya Valkyrie w/ Decay
Rating: *** 1/4
- IMPACT!: Rohit Raju & Chris Bey vs Manik & Suicide
Rating: *** 1/4
- WWE SmackDown: Daniel Bryan vs Cesaro
Rating: *** 1/4
- NXT: Undisputed Era vs Breezango
- Hard to Kill: Knockouts Tag Team Title Finals: Fire & Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz) vs Nevaeh & Havok
- AEW New Year’s Smash Night 2: NWA Women’s World Championship: Serena Deeb (c) vs Tay Conti
- WWE SmackDown: Jey Uso vs Shinsuke Nakamura
- IMPACT!: Tenille Dashwood w/Kaleb vs Rosemary
4t. IMPACT!: Rich Swann vs Karl Anderson
The entire time Kenny’s been in the picture, they’ve put a lot of spotlight on some of Karl’s singles accolades in Japan. So it should come as no surprise that Karl actually came in with a plan and dominated for a good portion. Karl focused on the shoulder and it worked really well for him.
Rich was selling and getting caught by Shotgun kicks and a bunch of other moves, but at least proving to be resilient. Rich manages to catch Karl as Karl starts looking to finish things. A few nice strikes, the over the shoulder back kick and finally Swann’s got something. Karl does stabilize and look for the Gun Stun, but Rich ducks the Gun Stun with a School Boy Rollup and that’s the match!
Winner: Swann via School Boy Rollup
4t. Hard to Kill: X Division Championship: Manik (c) vs Rohit Raju vs Chris Bey
Rohit went after Manik to try and prove his point that it’s TJP. Bey seemed dead set on finding a way to win, and as we expected in an X Division match; there were a lot of spots, but they all made sense. Rohit does manage to take off the mask, but TJP painted his face under the mask, so it still throws off Rohit. TJP strings together a few moves, goes for the Mamba Splash, but gets caught by Bey with a Cutter. Bey then hits a Double Art of Finesse, but his brief moment of not knowing who to pin, caused the pinfall breakup.
Rohit almost won the title back after his call back to hitting his Tiger Knee after a Mamba Splash but Bey kicked out. Haymakers get thrown, Rohit hits the Dragon Stomp on Bey, and looks to finish things, but TJP slides in for the style of Cradle he’s used a bit lately, and retains his title after a fun, hard fought match.
Winner: Manik via Ole Cradle
4t. NXT: MSK vs Isaiah Scott & Jake Atlas
Swerve drags Wes up, full nelson for Atlas to HEEL KICK Wes, then a spin to a fireman’s carry, toss and SPINNING POWERSLAM! Swerve is up top, 450 SPLASH! Atlas covers, but Carter breaks it just in time! Fans fire up as Swerve grows frustrated! Swerve throws Carter back out, Atlas drags Wes back over and tags Swerve in. Atlas drags Wes to a corner, rams his shoulder in, and Swerve helps hoist Wes to the top rope. Swerve and Atlas both climb up to bring Wes up but Carter drags Atlas down in a heap! Wes shoves Swerve away and both men fall to the mat! Fans fire up as everyone is down, and Wes gets to ropes. Wes kicks Swerve away to go to his corner but no one is home.
Swerve runs in, blocks a boot, but Carter tags in! Carter ROCKS Swerve, Wes pops Swerve up to the ropes, Carter ROCKS Swerve into Wes’ NO HANDS POISON-RANA!! Carter drags Swerve up, Wes runs in, BLOCKBUSTER HART ATTACK! Cover, MSK WINS!!
Winner: MSK via Blockbuster Hart Attack
3. Hard to Kill: Barbed Wire Massacre: Sami Callihan vs Eddie Edwards
Interesting pacing to get across the familiarity, twisted respect and love for punishment between these two. We saw Barbed Wire Tables, Chairs, Baseball Bats, Kendo Sticks and even an…N64 Controller!
Sami took a ton of punishment, but the story was basically playing with Eddie’s emotions to bait him into bad dives, and openings for Sami to move out of the way, or sneak in a barbed wire shot. Eddie hit a Blue Thunder Bomb on a barbed wire chair, Sami hit an Avalanche Piledriver through a barbed wire table, but none of this was enough. If anything, the Piledriver just pissed Eddie off.
Going for the callback that started it all, Sami tries to hit a Barbed Wire Chair into Eddie’s face with a Barbed Wire Bat, but Eddie hits a low blow to get a moment. Sami tries to bring himself up with a chair, Eddie hits the Boston Knee Party, then the Diehard Flowsion for the win!
Winner: Eddie via Diehard Flowsion
1t. Hard to Kill: Kenny Omega, Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs Moose, Rich Swann & Chris Sabin
We get a lot of Japanese tag stylings, from the triple team that Team Impact pulls off, to the way the Club breaks up any type of momentum with their own train attacks into the corner. Moose looked amazing in this match. He went toe to toe with everyone, pulled off great moves like a Standing Moonsault, leaped to the top rope for a Spanish Fly and was a really good teammate, regardless of his issues with Rich Swann. Hell Swann and Moose even hit a Doomsday Device variant together. Small aside, I did like seeing Chris Sabin pull off Cradle Shock, which just doesn’t happen often enough anymore.
Omega almost has the match one on Rich, but the only one able to break it up was Moose, and he did so. Omega went into V-Trigger spamming mode to wipe out Moose, rock Rich and then a One Winged Angel won the match for the Bullet Club former members.
Winner: Omega via One Winged Angel
1t. NXT UK: NXT UK Championship: Walter (c) vs A-Kid
AK survives two powerful impacts and BT Sports Studio is thunderous! Walter stirs and crawls over to AK. Walter facelocks AK, drags him up and eggs him on. Walter CHOPS AK back down and AK flops to ropes! AK sits up and Walter kicks at him again. Walter CLUBS AK but AK gets up with a clenched jaw. AK SLAPS Walter, then catches the chop to a takedown! AK locks up one arm, wants the other, but Walter resists! AK shifts to an ARMBAR! Walter clasps hands, moves around, but AK keeps his shoulders up in the triangle hold! Walter moves around, rolls them both to the ropes then out of the ring! Walter APRON BOMBS AK down!!
AK crumples to the floor but Walter drags him back up to put him in. Walter stalks AK but AK fires off palm strikes! Walter grabs AK for a sleeper but AK pries it off to PELE! Walter staggers, AK runs, into a LARIAT!! Walter CHOPS AK on the back! And POINT-BLANK LARIATS!! Cover, Walter wins!!
Winner: Walter via Burning Lariat
Well it’s hard to argue that Walter vs A-Kid was the best match, it only lacked a little punch since I don’t follow NXT UK super closely; so I didn’t see A-Kid as a credible threat. He did prove himself fairly well with the MMA style strikes and grappling attacks, but he’s still to fresh of a face to me, for me to have bought in as much as say Ilja or Tyler Bate, when they had their big versus little man matches.
Impact did bring some higher quality, but that’s to be expected since they had a PPV and a Go Home. The Rascalz debuting as MSK was nice, so I’m glad they got a small moment to shine.
Either way, Walter vs A-Kid, is my vote for match of the week. Which one gets your vote?
Chairshot Picks: 2020-2021 NFL Conference Championship Picks
The NFL is down to their final four, and our crack staff here at The Chairshot has picks --who will...
Chairshot Radio: NFL Playoffs, UFC 257 McGregor vs Poirier 
PC Tunney gets you ready for this weekend's UFC 257 McGregor v Poirier and the NFL Conference Championships.
Texans or Eagles: Which NFL Head Coaching Vacancy Would You Take?
As NFL coaching vacancies get filled, two remain open, and Greg DeMarco decides which one he'd actually want to take...
DeMarco: Ranking The 2021 NFL Coaching Hires (So Far)
Greg DeMarco ranks the first five NFL head coaching hires of this offseason, including Urban Meyer, Robert Saleh, and more!
Three Of The Greatest UFC Fights In History
UFC fights always have the potential to amaze, and these three fights stand out as some of the greatest MMA...
Chairshot Radio: VH1 Behind The Soundbites Pt. 1 
Greg fuels his soundbite addiction with a special "Behind The Soundbites" edition of Chairshot Radio!
Bandwagon Nerds #62 – WandaVision is Here!
The Nerds review the debut of WandaVision, discuss some casting news in the MCU, and break down Netflix's announcement to...
BWN Nerds’ Movie Review: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies! (2018)
The Nerds start sliding back in the timeline again as we see them tackle Teen Titans Go! To the Movies!...
Mitchell’s Hyrule Puro-Resu News Report! (1/14/21)
There's more in store for the Triforce Tournament!
Chairshot Radio: Motivation to Discipline 
Greg DeMarco uses his own personal fitness success story tp help you with the concept of Motivation to Discipline.
Mitchell’s WWE 205 Live Results & Report! (1/22/21)
And you thought last week was big!
Mitchell’s WWE SmackDown Results & Report! (1/22/21)
Will Apollo be able to #ThinkBig and be a champion?
DWI Podcast #259: Circle the Wagons
PC, DP & AJ give their thoughts on the NFL Championship Games, WWE's Mania announcement and more Royal Rumble trivia.
POD is WAR: Kayfabe Princess
The truculent trio is back to discuss WWE's WrestleMania announcement, Hard To Kill and Brooklyn's 'Big 3".
Mtichell’s WWE NXT UK Results & Report! (1/21/21)
Who is NXT UK's one true queen?
The #Miranda Show: Billie Kay’s Resume, Hard To Kill, WrestleMania and more!
How amazing are Billie Kay's resume & networking skills? Miranda uses her experience to discuss, plus Hard To Kill and...
BWN Nerds’ Movie Review: WarGames (1983)
The Nerds tackle WarGames! The movie from 1983, not the wrestling match. Global Thermonuclear War sounds like a fun game!...
Badlands Wrestling Mount Rushmores #68: REACH for the Stars
Omega Luke joins the show to discuss his wrestling career, and discusses a couple of Mount Rushmores!
Chairshot Radio: Ranking Bullet Club 
Rey Ca$h and Mags bring you #HeadTrauma Thursdays, as they rank all of the current Bullet Club members.
Mitchell’s WWE NXT Results & Report! (1/20/21)
The first ever WOMEN'S Dusty Cup begins!